1. IMPORTANT - NEW & EXISTING MEMBERS

E-MAIL SERVER ISSUES

We are currently experiencing issues with our outgoing email server, therefore EXISTING members will not be getting any alert emails, and NEW/PROSPECTIVE members will not receive the email they need to confirm their account. This matter has been escalated, however the technician responsible is currently on annual leave.For assistance, in the first instance, please PM any/all of the admin team (if you can), alternatively please send an email to:

[email protected]

We will endeavour to help as quickly as we can.
    Dismiss Notice

Aloha from HOT west wales!

Discussion in 'New Members Introduction' started by SeaChief, Jun 4, 2018.

1. silu

silu gardening easy...hmmm

Ratings:
    +8,083
    As others have mentioned previously I think, @SeaChief before you can really get going, you need to decide what you want. If you clear 1 section at a time and get that sorted it won't appear such a daunting task. IMO there are few quick fixes just good old fashioned hard work I'm afraid.
    Below is a bit of the garden I sorted. The area was knee deep in every weed known to man/ saplings before ! started to clear the area. It took time and effort but looks quite good now. I am a female OAP so if I can get going with a pick axe etc i'm sure you will be able to just as well if not better than I can. Be assured this gardening website is full of extremely knowledgeable gardening experts and if you ask the right questions and accept the answers which might not be what you want to hear, you will be sure to make yourself a lovely garden. Good luck.
    incomplete path (1).JPG
    incomplete path (2) (1).JPG

IMG_0836 path.JPG
    IMG_0840 path1.JPG

• Like Like x 2
    • SeaChief

SeaChief Gardener

Ratings:
      +21
      Wow.. amazing, inspiring! wondrful job- you should be extra-proud!

Silu the thing is when you say 'you need to have a plan 1st'.. I don't have the knowledge, or experience (therefore the foresight > plan) to even form a 'plan'. This is precisely why I'm asking/ what I want help with. Its only a border: I'm just going to try & plant some stuff. That's all.

Ok I've redone my 1st thread in General Discusssion as advised. If you'd be so kind as to have a look, &, should you be able to offer any advice or help, on there.. Id be SO grateful for it.

Its here: Novice: border/ bank help please.

thanks SC.

• Friendly Friendly x 2
      • SeaChief

SeaChief Gardener

Ratings:
        +21
        Admin: can you please delete this thread for me?
        thanks SC

Deleted as requested

• SeaChief

SeaChief Gardener

Ratings:
        +21
      • ARMANDII

ARMANDII Low Flying Administrator Staff Member

Ratings:
        +100,836
        We rarely delete threads, SC, if other members have contributed to it, as a thread doesn't "belong" to an Originator even if he/she requests the deletion.:coffee::snorky:

• Funny Funny x 1
        • SeaChief

SeaChief Gardener

Ratings:
          +21
          I understand ARMANDII.. but in this case I got the thread in the wrong place, its title full of teen abbreviations & cockermongeredness, its OP too much faff & twaddle. I just needed to do it again better as I wasn't getting any replies. Which I've done.

Could you make an exception?.. there was barely but 1 reply & it'll only confuse or annoy having 2 similar threads. pls pls pls pls..

• Friendly Friendly x 1
          • ARMANDII

ARMANDII Low Flying Administrator Staff Member

Ratings:
            +100,836
            They both have different titles, but I have locked off the thread you wanted deleted.:coffee::snorky:

• Like Like x 1