Another email scam alert

Discussion in 'Computer Corner' started by capney, Aug 15, 2010.

1. capney

capney Head Gardener

Retired and glad of it.
    Ratings:
    +1,320
  2. capney

capney Head Gardener

Retired and glad of it.
    Ratings:
    +1,320
    I got an.mail from someone called ....Gaddafi...
    Seems Libia is the latest place that needs help to shift money from their country to my shed..
    Only to willing to help. I have room in my enlarged shed.

3 Al Fajjar LBY, Gregarage Tripoli,
    Libya.

Hallo,

I am honored to ask for urgent help to transfer some fund we have in Libya for security reasons, as you might understand the situation in (Libya) now.

Please contact my Liberia former diplomat who is now in United Kingdom, Mr. Smith Doe Tel: ( Tel: (removed) e-mails: (email removed)
    I wait your urgent reply, Inshallah

Thank you (shukran)
    Saif al-Islam Gaddafi,

3. shiney

shiney President, Grumpy Old Men's Club Staff Member

Retired - Last Century!!!
    Ratings:
    +122,460
    Are you sure the contact name is Mr Smith Doe? :scratch:

And not John Doe!!! :heehee: :loll:

4. capney

capney Head Gardener

Retired and glad of it.
    Ratings:
    +1,320
    Another 400,000 winging it`s way to my shed....
    Check out the last sentance...

AUSTRALIA LOTTERY INC
    LONDON OFFICE
    No 4 Broadway street,
    London ,UK
    +44-7031848906

Dear Lottery Winner,

This is to inform you that you have won a cash prize of four hundred thousand British pounds (Ј400,000.00) for 2011 New Year's promotion of the Lottery, which was organized by AUSTRALIA LOTTERY INC for the introduction of the New private domain including new GMAIL YAHOO MAIL BETA!.

However,the draw was that over 29,000 emails worldwide were SEARCHED via the net from an exclusive list of 29,031 E-mail addresses of individuals and corporate bodies picked by an advanced automated random computer (TOPAZ) search from the internet and was later picked at random through electronic balloting hence no tickets were sold but all E-mail addresses were assigned to different ticket numbers for representation and privacy.This exercise is introduced by Australia INC in conjunction with UNITED NATIONS.This promotional program takes place every three years.

After this automated computer ballot, your E-mail address emerged as one of the Eight (8) lucky winners in the fourth category for the second prize with the following data:

These are your identification numbers:

Lot Number ..............YBM-EBS-390AF
    Reference Number ........YBM-EBS-719AF
    The winning number ......YBM-EBS-798AF

To claim your prize, you are required to contact Mr. Peter Adams through this e-mail

AGENT NAME - Mr. Peter Adams Email:(Hotmail address removed )

PAYMENT OF PRIZE:

You are also required to send your personal data as follows:

(1) Your full names ..................
    (2) Your Contact address..............
    (3) Your phone number ................
    (4) Your Sex .........................
    (5) Your age .........................
    (6) Your Occupation ..................
    (7)Your Country.......................

You select how to transfer the prize money to you:

(1) Bank Transfer (2)Delivery of funds to address through diplomatic means

WARNING!

Do not tell people about your Prize Award until your money has been
    successfully given to you to avoid disqualification that may arise from double claim.

5. shiney

Ratings:
    +122,460
    Robert,

You're going to need a new shed soon. I've got a great deal on sheds. Just send me a cheque for £20 and your 8' x 10' shed will arrive by Next Day Delivery.

Good address they've got for their London office. :heehee:

6. capney

capney Head Gardener

Retired and glad of it.
    Ratings:
    +1,320
    I`m wondering just how much in £20 notes can I get in a 8`x 10` shed?

Now theres a challenge for someone to work out....
    Answers and working outs on a £20 note addressed to my shed .. please.

7. shiney

Ratings:
    +122,460
    Hold on a while. My shed's full up with them so I shall go out and check. Or I could get one of my servants to do it. :yess:

8. capney

capney Head Gardener

Retired and glad of it.
    Ratings:
    +1,320
    Or...
    If anyone has a few 20s.. could they please measure the pile and let me know how much and how big the pile is, and then I can work out how much I can get into a 8` x 10`

9. capney

capney Head Gardener

Retired and glad of it.
    Ratings:
    +1,320
    I have worked it out... =/- 10% depends on how rough the used notes are.
    I reckon in a 8`x10` shed up to a height of 6 foot I can store approx
    £189,000,000 in £20 notes.

That will do nicely and means I have loads of room to rent to any other lucky scam winners....

10. shiney

Ratings:
    +122,460
    A cry for help

My Dearest,

I know you will be surprise to receive this email, but Before I go further I will like you to understand that, I am writing this mail to you With due respect trust and humanity, I appeal to you to exercise a little patience and read through my letter I feel quite safe dealing with you in this important business, honestly i am writing this email to you with pains, tears and sorrow from my heart, i will really like to have a good relationship with you and i have a special reason why i decided to contact you, i decided to contact you due to the urgency of my present situation here in the refugee camp. My name is Miss. Mary Kipkalya Kones, 25yrs old female and I from Kenya here in Africa; my father was the former Kenyan road Minister. He and Assistant Minister of Home Affairs Lorna Laboso had been on board the Cessna 210, which was headed to Kericho and crashed in a remote area called Kajong'a, in western Kenya. The plane crashed on Tuesday 10th, June, 2008.

After the burial of my beloved father, my stepmother and uncle conspired and sold all my father's properties to an Italian Expertrate which they shared the money they sold from the properties among themselves and live nothing for me. Unfortunately to me I fined my father's briefcase and when I opened it I found a document which my Father used to deposited amount of money in one bank here in Burkina Faso, with my name as the next of kin. I travelled to Burkina Faso here I am, to withdraw the money for a better life so that I can take care of myself and start up a new life and also further my education, when I arrival to the bank, the Bank foreign Operation Department Director whom I meet in person told me that my father instruction to their bank is that the fund would only be release to me when I am married or present a trustee/partner who will help me and invest the fund overseas after the transfer, and the bank ask me to go and look for a foreign partner, that was why am contacting you, which I believe that you are going to be honest and reliable person that will help me and stand as my trustee/partner, so that I can present you to the Bank for the release and transfer of the inherited fund into your bank account in your country.

I have chosen to contact you after my prayers and I believe that you will not betray my trust. But rather take me as your own sister. Though you may wonder why I am so soon revealing myself to you without knowing you, well I will say that my mind convinced me that you will be the true person to help me. Moreover, I will like to disclose much to you if you can help me to relocate to your country because my stepmothers have threatened to assinate me. The fund my Father deposited into the bank, is ($8.5 USD) Million United State Dollars, and I have confirmed from the bank here in Burkina Faso, on my arrival, You will also help me to place the fund in a good profitable business venture in your Country, However you will also help by recommending a nice University in your country so that I can further my education. It is my intention to compensate you with 40% of the total money for your services and the balance shall be my capital in your establishment. Now my dear as soon as I receive your positive response showing your interest and wiliness to help me, I will put things into action immediately. In the light of the above, I shall appreciate an urgent message indicating your ability and willingness to help me and also handle this transaction sincerely. Awaiting your urgent and positive response. Please my dear I want you to keep this as a top secret only to your self for now until the bank will release and transfer my inherited fund to you as my appointed trustee/partner. I beg you once again not to disclose this to any body until i come over your country because I am afraid of my wreaked stepmother who has threatened to kill me and have my inherited fund alone. I thank you very much and am expecting to hear from you soonest.

Yours Sincerely

Mary Kipkalya Kones.

I've emailed back saying that I am an expert in investing large sums of money (and have a friend called Robert who is even better than I am) and would be only too pleased to marry her. She only needs to send me a photo of herself, her contact details and the money for the flight.

• Like Like x 2
    • gcc3663

gcc3663 Knackered Grandad trying to keep up with a 4yr old

Ratings:
      +1,663
      According to Wikipedia:-
      Formerly called the Republic of Upper Volta, it was renamed on 4 August 1984, by President Thomas Sankara to mean "the land of upright people" in Mòoré and Dioula, the major native languages of the country. Figuratively, "Burkina" may be translated, "men of integrity,"

With a name like that how can you doubt the word of an honourable national like Dearest Mary.

Shame on you Shiney:WINK1::stirpot:

• Like Like x 1
      • shiney

Ratings:
        +122,460
        I stand corrected and suitably chastised :love30:.

Having felt such shame, I found it incumbent upon me to send another email withdrawing my offer of marriage due to my impecunious nature and tendered sincere and heartfelt apologies - but asked her to still send me a photo and for it to be as revealing as she felt might suit her delicate nature.

• Louise D

Louise D Head Gardener

Medical.
        Ratings:
        +502
        Another gardening forum i go on has had similar Spam and the members there are getting themselves all worked up about it - in a real state they are !
        I wish they all had Shineys approach :D

• shiney

Ratings:
        +122,460
        Thanks, Louise :wub2:

Life's too short to take things too seriously. On another thread I have mentioned the fun I have with unsolicited phone calls. I waste as much of their time as I can get away with :heehee: and my record is 22 minutes :loll:. I'm very good at sounding like a potential customer but the sound of Mrs shiney rolling on the floor screaming with laughter sometimes alerts them to the fact of a wind up. :yess:

• Like Like x 3
        • Louise D

Louise D Head Gardener

Medical.
          Ratings:
          +502