Another email scam alert

Discussion in 'Computer Corner' started by capney, Aug 15, 2010.

1. ClaraLou

ClaraLou Total Gardener

Ratings:
    +2,730
    There seems to have been a marked fall in the level of creativity on the part of would-be scammers recently. They just can't be bovvered and seem positively bored by the thought of millions and millions of dollars. Please, Mr Ngobo-Bogo and Princess Colleen, do try harder. In particular, your inventiveness regarding disease, ailments, natural disasters and plane crashes is not what it was. I mean, not even an ingrowing toenail this week.

• Like Like x 1
    • capney

capney Head Gardener

Retired and glad of it.
      Ratings:
      +1,320
      She wants me take 4.5 million from her bank.
      How kind of her to think of me..

Hello dear,

It's my pleasure to contact you for an urgent assistance in saving my life from the dangerous political upraising in my country and to execute an immediate transfer of ($4.5 Million USD) left for me in a bank by my late father before his sudden death. In details, i am the only child to my late parents, late Mr.and Mrs.Edward jacques from the republic of Ivory Coast. My father was a cocoa merchant dealer in Ivory Coast but unfortunately died from political crisis past years, actually he left behind the sum of ($4,500,000.00 US dollars) in a bank with my name as his only child before his death.

Now, i am staying in a local guest-house hotel out side the city for security reason and for the safety of my life since after the death of my father hence my life is in danger too from the political opponents group that is why I seek for a help for relocation and to secure this money for investment in your
      country for my future use. if you can be of assistance to me, I will be pleased to offer you 15% of this total fund (indicated above).

Thanks for your kind attention, please kindly get back to me in complete confidence for further clarification/details of proceeding. Your urgent reply will be highly appreciated and more details will be giving to you as soon as you reply to show your interest for helping me.
      I hope to hear from you soon.

Yours sincerely,
      Miss Rachel jacques

No virus found in this message.
      Checked by AVG - AVG - Antivirus and Internet Security | Virus Protection
      Version: 2012.0.1872 / Virus Database: 2092/4624 - Release Date: 11/18/11

• shiney

shiney President, Grumpy Old Men's Club Staff Member

Retired - Last Century!!!
      Ratings:
      +122,455
      Robert, tell her that if she wants to send me a cheque for only £250 I know someone who can smuggle her out with no trouble.

Of course, as my agent you can add on to that price your commission as well.

• capney

capney Head Gardener

Retired and glad of it.
      Ratings:
      +1,320
      Its arriving by the box load now...

FROM THE DESK OF
      DR AHMED SULE
      DIRECTOR INTERNATIONAL REMMITTANCE
      CENTRAL BANK OF NIGERIA

CONFIDENTIAL COURIER PAYMENT
      Attn:Beneficiary,

I am Dr. Ahmed Sule , I decided to contact you because of the prevailing security report reaching my office and the intense nature of polity in Nigeria.

This is to inform you about our plan to send your Inheritance Fund Part Payment of US$5.5 M to you via Diplomatic Delivery System. This Payment system will be easier for you and for us. I will secure all the required Clearance and Release Documents for your Fund to ensure an unhindered delivery.This clearance will make it go through every custom checkpoint all over the world without hitch.

Note: The Money is coming in 2 security Proof boxes.The boxes are sealed with Synthetic Nylon Seal and Padded with machine. I will use my Official Discretion to ensure that the Fund is released . The boxes are coming with an Accredited Diplomatic Agent Boxes to your. All you need to do now Is to send the underlsited Information:

1. Your Full Name and House Address

2. Your identification such as, international passport or driver's license

3. Your contact phone number

The Diplomatic agent attached will travel with this required information For the delivery of your fund. He will call you immediately he arrives Your country's airport.

I will let you know when these consignments will be lifted,and Note: The Agent does not know the original contents of the boxes. What i declared to them as the contents is the Sensitive Photographic Film Material.

Please I need your urgent reply because the boxes are schedule to be airlifted as soon as we hear from you.

Get back to me as soon as you release.

Best Regards,

Dr.Ahmed Sule
      +xxxxxxxxxxxx

• shiney

Ratings:
      +122,455
      Robert,
      You realise that if you sent all these people the correct details of the different departments you could solve the problems of the public sector pensions all in one go? :dbgrtmb:

We'd have no strikes, no recriminations and arguments and a happy work force.

You could be our saviour!

Vote for Robert :yay:

• capney

capney Head Gardener

Retired and glad of it.
      Ratings:
      +1,320
      Lets go for it. I have lost count after 500 million. Plenty to go around.
      I just need all your details.

Name and address
      bank account setails
      Tel number
      Social sec number
      Copy of your passport.
      Etc;;; etc.

• Like Like x 1
      • capney

capney Head Gardener

Retired and glad of it.
        Ratings:
        +1,320
        You just got to read this one......cos I may be dead..!

WORLD DEBT RECOVERY COMMITTEE (WDRC)
        98540 EAST OLYMPIA
        WASHINGTON DC
        USA.

RE: YOUR UNCLAIMED FUND NOTIFICATION

I am Dr. John Edmunds of the newly inaugurated World Debt Recovery
        committee (WDRC). My committee has a mandate to recover unpaid debts owed
        to various contractors, Lottery fund Prize Award Winners, inheritance
        fund, loans and grants ranging from $1M-$19.5M owed to various
        beneficiaries, individuals and companies across the globe (Asia, Europe,
        USA, Africa, Canada and Australia) and submit the list of the unpaid
        beneficiaries/companies to the appointed accredited corresponding paying
        Banks for immediate effect of their funds payment.

In the course of our investigation, your email address/particulars were
        shortlisted among the first list of the fifteen Beneficiaries/individuals
        yet to be paid hence this email. However, we received a petition today
        from one Mrs. Christina Morgan that you are dead. According to her, you
        was involve in a fatal car accident which eventually took your life and as
        such your fund should be paid to her as the heir apparent. She has also
        submitted her Bank account with our accredited corresponding paying Bank
        for the transfer of the funds to her.

To avoid undue delay or paying the fund to a wrong individual/beneficiary,
        I have decided to contact you for confirmation. If I fail to hear from you
        after 72 hours, it will be assumed that the petition of Mrs. Morgan is
        true and the fund will be paid to her without further delay.

Therefore, if you are still alive, kindly reconfirm your full details to
        this office immediately to enable us release your fund to you.

1. Beneficiary's Full Name:______________
        2. Address:______________________________
        3. Nationality:____________Sex___________
        4. Age:____________Date of Birth:________
        5. Occupation:___________________________
        6. Phone#:_______Fax:____________________
        7. State of Origin:_______Country:_______
        8. Copy of identity either Int'l passport or Driver's licence and specify
        how you want your fund paid to you immediately for the attention of the
        paying officer.

Reply to this email: wdrc.ukxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Yours truely,

Mr. John Edmunds
        Director of Operations,
        WORLD DEBT RECOVERY COMMITTEE (WDRC), London, Uk.

-----
        Version: 2012.0.1873 / Virus Database: 2102/4664 - Release Date: 12/06/11

• shiney

Ratings:
        +122,455
        Oh dear, Robert, sorry to hear you're no longer with us :cry3:. And just before Christmas, too :(

"....you was involve in a fatal car accident...."

Sounds more like an English grammar accident, to me :heehee:

• Like Like x 1
        • capney

capney Head Gardener

Retired and glad of it.
          Ratings:
          +1,320
          I would really love to help this poor lady out but she has not left contact details...

Hi, I'm Mary Leong and a Malaysian. I am admitted in a cancer hospital in my home country and I have been diagnosed of stage 3 of esophageal cancer so I have less than three months to live. I am undergoing my chemotherapy at the moment. My husband died 5 years ago and we had no child. I was born an orphan. The doctors and nurses here are too busy for what I am proposing which left me with this one choice that found you.I want a friend who will take over all I have and use 70% of it to start up an orphanage home that will cater for orphans as well as donate to the research of cancers in children. The 30% left will be for all your troubles in helping me. Most of my properties have been sold and its overall worth is approximately 3.7 million in american dollars. I will tell you more if you express your willingness to take up my offer. I wait to hear from you.

-----
          Version: 2012.0.1873 / Virus Database: 2108/4685 - Release Date: 12/16/11

• shiney

Ratings:
          +122,455
          It's really nice of her to want an orphanage home to cater for orphans. :dbgrtmb:

That's so much better than an orphanage catering for alcoholics - unless, of course, you're an alcoholic.

You should take her up on the offer :thumbsup:

• capney

capney Head Gardener

Retired and glad of it.
          Ratings:
          +1,320
          Check out the speeling and grammer in this latest scam mail.

Dear Customer,

Our reccord shows that you have a refund slated for your account due to charges made against
          your account by us. We do apologise for this mistake which was caused by erros from our system.
          This transaction cannot be completed due to the errors present in your account information.
          You are required to click on the LOGON below to fix this problem immediately. Please note, it will
          take 3 working days to credit your account with the refund.
          xxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Please do not reply to this message. For questions, please call Customer Service.
          We are available 24 hours a day, 7 days a week.

Copyright ? 1999-2011 shopdirect group. All rights reserved.

Please do not reply to this e-mail as this is only a notification. Mail sent to this address cannot be answered.

Version: 2012.0.1890 / Virus Database: 2109/4694 - Release Date: 12/21/11

• capney

capney Head Gardener

Retired and glad of it.
          Ratings:
          +1,320
          My fame is spreading far and wide.
          Seems someone needs my help......

UNITED NATION (UN)
          DEBT RECONCILIATION DEPARTMENT
          GENEVA-SWITZERLAND
          Our Ref: UN-0XX2/987/2011
          Dear Sir/Madam,

EUROPEAN UNION, WORLD BANK, UNITED NATION ORGANIZATION OFFICIAL APPROVAL PAYMENT

The British Prime Minister in conjunction with EUROPEAN UNION, WORLD BANK, UNITED NATIONS ORGANIZATION do hereby give this irrevocable approval order with Release Code: GNC/3480/02/00 in your favor for your Inheritance/contract entitlement/award winning payment with the UNITED NATIONS to your nominated bank account.

Now your new Payment, United nation Approval No; UN5685P, White House Approved No: WH44CV, Reference No.-35460021, Allocation No: 674632 Password No: 339331, Pin Code No: 55674 and your Certificate of Merit Payme nt No: 103, Released Code No: Appeared in the next on the list of our outstanding beneficiary to received payment at the second quarter of the year.

So contact: MR. PETER JEFFERSON on his contact Direct email: xxxxxxxxxxxx.org or by Phone: +xx xxx xxxx xxxx for immediate release of your contract/inheritance/Award Winning claim Be informed that you are not allowed to correspond with any person or office anymore, You are required to send bellow Informations for your transfer.

1) YOUR FULL NAME:
          2) ADDRESS, CITY, STATE AND COUNTRY.
          3) PHONE, FAX AND MOBILE
          4) COMPANY NAME (IF ANY) POSITION AND ADDRESS
          5) BANK NAMES
          BANK ADDRESS
          ACCOUNT NUMBER
          SWIFT CODE
          ACCOUNT BENEFICIARY NAME
          6) PROFESSION, AGE AND MARITAL STATUS
          7) COPY OF YOUR INT'L PASSPORT/DRIVERS LICENSE.

NOTE: YOUR PERSONAL CONTACT/COMMUNICATION CODE WITH CITI BANK IS (511), YOU ARE ADVICE TO SEND YOUR FULL BANKING INFORMATION TO THE CITI BANK OF LONDON THROUGH THE OFFICE OF INTERNATIONAL REMMITTANCE DIRECTOR HEADED BY MR. PETER JEFFERSON AND MAKE SURE YOU SPEAK WITH HIM, WITH YOUR NEW PAYMENT CODE FOR RELEASE OF YOUR PAYMENT AND SEND HIM ALL YOUR BANKING INFORMATION NOW. Regard. Senate CONTACT CODE (511) OFFICER: MR. PETER JEFFERSON.

Best regards

SIR GEORGE GRAHAM
          DEBT RECONCILIATION DEPARTMENT
          UNITED NATIONS AND EUROPEAN UNION.

• shiney

Ratings:
          +122,455
          Wow!! You've even got the approval of the White House :dbgrtmb:

I suppose we'll have to pay to talk to you, soon. :love30:

• capney

capney Head Gardener

Retired and glad of it.
          Ratings:
          +1,320
          I`m working on the Swiss banks at the momemt. Looking forward to really big monies.

• capney

capney Head Gardener

Retired and glad of it.
          Ratings:
          +1,320
          Beware of this one guys if you use Pay Pal......
          Be careful out there.

Dear PayPal member,

PayPal would like to inform you about some important information regarding your PayPal account.
          This account, which is associated with this email address will be expiring within five business days.
          We apologize for any inconvenience that this may cause, but this is occurring because all of our customers are required to update their account settings with their personal information.
          We are taking these actions because we are implementing a new security policy on our website to insure everyone's absolute privacy.
          To avoid any interruption in PayPal services then you will need to download and run the application that we have sent with this email (see attachment) and follow the instructions.

Please do not send your personal information through email, as it will not be as secure.

IMPORTANT!
          If you do not update your information with our secure application within the next five business days then we will be forced to deactivate your account and you will not be able to use your PayPal account any longer.
          It is strongly recommended that you take a few minutes out of your busy day and complete this now.
          DO NOT REPLY TO THIS MESSAGE VIA EMAIL!
          This mail is sent by an automated message system and the reply will not be received. Thank you for using PayPal.