Another email scam alert

Discussion in 'Computer Corner' started by capney, Aug 15, 2010.

1. capney

capney Head Gardener

Retired and glad of it.
    Ratings:
    +1,320
  2. shiney

shiney President, Grumpy Old Men's Club Staff Member

Retired - Last Century!!!
    Ratings:
    +122,460
    No problem :gnthb:. My backhand is very good. :hehe:

3. capney

capney Head Gardener

Retired and glad of it.
    Ratings:
    +1,320
    I am going to be so rich !!!!

Attn,

We need to confirm from you if the Western Union Money Transfer has Commence paying your compensation funds of US$2Million dollars as instructed by United Nations and African Union.

The African Union and UN has instructed for an immediate transfer to all beneficiaries who's emails address is listed as scam victim. We will be obliged to confirm from you if you have started receiving the US$19,000.00 daily as it is mandatory the Western Union Money Transfer sent you two MTCN per day of US$9,500.00 each.

Update us to enable us close your file and put our record straight. If your payment has not commence do hesitate to send your full name,telephone and address to enable me send an approval to the Western Union Money Transfer Head office here in London.

Thanks for the anticipated cooperation. Reply via: (Link removed by capney)

Fred Bahman
    Director,
    United Nations Compensation Commission (UNCC)
    3 Whitehall Court, London, SW1A 2EL
    London UK

4. Daisies

Daisies Total Gardener

Ratings:
    +2,686
    I had one such email purporting to be from the Inland Revenue

[​IMG]

Can you imagine - I was going to be so eager to share my bank account details with them wasn't I?
    :rotfl:

And since when does the IRS sign off with "Best Regards"? :doh:

I showed it to an official at the IRS office who confirmed it was a scam!

5. shiney

Ratings:
    +122,460
    Daisees :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl:

Also, apart from them never putting links in their emails, they never talk about sterling as GBP.

They always put a £ sign before the amount.

On tax returns they ask you to put your bank details so that they can send any possible rebate direct to your bank (they don't send cheques any more) and they then send you a notification that they are doing so. You never have to do anything.

They've just put my rebate into my bank account :gnthb:. I have tax deducted from my personal pension but don't get enough income to pay tax so have to get a rebate every year. They keep saying that they will tell my pension company not to charge me tax (change my code number) but never get around to it :dh:. This time I have told the pension company to apply for the corrected code number. I wonder whether it will work. :skp:

6. Daisies

Daisies Total Gardener

Ratings:
    +2,686
    Oh yes! All this time of shopping online had made me blind to that detail. And yes, when I handed over the copy of the email, we'd also been discussing about a rebate which had been repaid and I'd not even noticed it! Wake up, D!

7. capney

capney Head Gardener

Retired and glad of it.
    Ratings:
    +1,320
    I have another three...

Dear Friend,

As you read this, I don't want you to feel sorry for me, because, I believe everyone will die someday.My name is William Makai,a business merchant in Europe,I have been diagnosed with Esophageal cancer .

It has defiled all forms of medical treatment, and right now I have only about a few months to live, according to medical experts.I have not particularly lived my life so well, as I never really cared for anyone (not even myself) but my business. Though I am very rich, I was never generous,I was always hostile to people and only focused on my business as that was the only thing I cared for.

But now i regret all this as i now know that there is more to life than just wanting to have or make all the money inthe world.I believe when God gives me a second chance to come to this world i would live my life a different way from how i have lived it.

Now that God has called me, I have willed and given most of my property and assets to my immediate and extended family members as well as a few close friends. I want God to be merciful to me and accept my soul so, I have decided to give alms to charity organizations, as I want this to be one of the last good deeds I do on earth. So far, I have distributed money to some charity organizations Abroad. Now that my health has deteriorated so badly, i cannot do this myself anymore. I once asked members of my family to close one of my accounts and distribute the money which I have there to charity organizations; they refused and kept the money to themselves.

Hence, I do not trust them anymore, as they seem not to be contended with what i have left for them,the last of my money which no one knows of is the huge cash deposit of Eighteen Million United States Dollars that which i will want you to help me collect this deposit and dispatched it to charity organizations.

Please note we will need the services of an attorney so once you have reached me by my private mail i will strongly advise that you do not share my email with anyone because of the rate of unscrupulus mails i get from people on the internet. I have set aside 30% for you and for your time.

God be with you.
    -----------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Dear Beloved

I am william simon,I have been diagnosed with Esophageal cancer .It has defiled all forms of medical treatment,the doctor told me that i have about few months to live on this earth and I want you to help me Distribute my funds $58 million dollars to charities in your country.contact me in (Link removed) only if you are intrested in helping me get my wish done

God Bless
    William Simon

-----------------------------------------------------------------
    Good day,

I am Mr. Wilson Goh, Trained and working as an Account Officer for the Development Bank of Singapore (DBS).

I write to contact you about a foreigner bearing the same name as yours, who died here in Singapore, over a decades ago leaving behind an estate/capital
    US$12.8M here in Development Bank of Singapore.

However, the Investor died intestate, no next-of-kin, nobody came forward all these years to lay claim of the inheritance. I have decided to work with you to secure the
    funds, and propose 20% offer for you. If you are interested, you are advised to email me through my private email (Link Removed) the following information stated below:-

i. RE-CONFIRM YOUR FULL NAMES:
    ii. CONTACT ADDRESS:
    iii. DATE OF BIRTH:
    iv. TELEPHONE AND FAX NUMBER:
    v. OCCUPATION:

Upon hearing from you, I will unfold more details and how to commence in the transaction.
    Best regards,

Mr. Wilson Goh
    NB:ENSURE TO RESPOND TO MY PRIVATE EMAIL (Link removed) WITH REQUIRED DETAILS IF WILLING.

8. MartinHp71

MartinHp71 Gardener

Ratings:
    +1
    I notice the new twist is to ask to keep the emails and correspondance secret. Guess the gullable people who do fall for these scams then don't get to speak to sensible people who will tell them to stop.

9. shiney

Ratings:
    +122,460
    Robert, you're a really popular person :hehe::rotfl:

10. capney

capney Head Gardener

Retired and glad of it.
    Ratings:
    +1,320
    Rich beyond your imagination as well

:hehe::hehe::hehe:

11. Sussexgardener

Sussexgardener Gardener

Ratings:
    +41
    Am I the only one who wants to send those emails back, with spelling corrections and mistakes highlighted in red and bold?

12. ClaraLou

ClaraLou Total Gardener

Ratings:
    +2,730
    'It has defiled all forms of medical treatment'. :hehe:

13. shiney

Ratings:
    +122,460
    "Though I am very rich, I was never generous,I was always hostile to people and only focused on my business as that was the only thing I cared for."
    "...as well as a few close friends." :hehe: :hehe:

14. ClaraLou

ClaraLou Total Gardener

Ratings:
    +2,730
    :rotfl: In its way, it's a mini-classic.

15. shiney

Ratings:
    +122,460
    These type of emails are also brilliant exercises in editing for budding writers. :gnthb: