Another email scam alert

Discussion in 'Computer Corner' started by capney, Aug 15, 2010.

1. capney

capney Head Gardener

Retired and glad of it.
    Ratings:
    +1,320
    Heres the latest twist. Arrived today..

INTERNATIONAL POLICE AUTHORITY UNITED STATES SECTION (IPA)
    Region No. 2 New York City
    P.O. Box 804 Knickerbocker Station
    New York City, New York 10002-0804 USA

We, office of the international police authority (IPA) hereby write to inform you that we caught a diplomatic lady called Mrs. Vernon Wallace at (John F Kennedy International Airport) here in New York with a consignment box filed with United State Dollars.

Meanwhile, base on our interview to the diplomat she said that the consignment box belongs to you, that she was sent by one Rev. Father Ian Horgan to deliver the consignment box to your doorstep not knowing that the content of the box is money. The diplomat also said that her first transit in the state was at Cincinnati Northern Kentucky International Airport Ohio.

Now, the diplomat is under detention in the office of (IPA) security, and we cannot release her until we carry out our proper investigation on how this huge amount of money managed to be yours before we will release her with the box.. So, in this regards you are to reassure and prove to us that the money you are about to receive is legal by sending us the Award Ownership Certificate showing that the money is not illegal.

Note, that the Award Ownership Certificate must to be secured from the office of Her Majesty Revenue and Customs Unit, because that is the only office that will issue you the original Award Ownership Certificate of this funds, this is because the fund originated from United Kingdom,England.

You are advised to forward immediately the Award Ownership Certificate if you have it with you, but if you did not have it we will urge you to contact back the sender of the diplomat to help you secure the Award Ownership Certificate if at all you did not have it.

Below is the contact information of the person that sent the diplomat:

Name: REV.FH.IAN HORGAN

Email: [email protected]

Phone: +44-701-118-2563

Furthermore, we are giving you only but 8 working business days to forward the requested Award Ownership Certificate. Please note that we shall get back to you after the 8 working business days, that if you didn’t come up with the certificate we shall confiscate the funds into World Bank account then charge you for money laundering, but if you forward the Award Ownership Certificate then we will release diplomat with your consignment box also gives you every back up on the money.

NOTE THAT THIS BUSINESS DEAL HAVE TO BE KEPT HIGHLY CONFIDENTIAL AS REPORTS HAVE REACHED MY OFFICE THAT SOME TOP CORRUPT OFFICIAL OF THE F.B.I ARE TRYING TO STEAL YOUR FUNDS,SO LET NO ONE KNOW ABOUT THIS UNTIL YOUR CONSIGNMENT GETS DELIVERED TO YOUR DESIGNATED ADDRESS.

Thanks for your understanding and co-operation.

Yours Truly,
    I.P.A REGION NO:2
    DCP. DOUGLAS H. KING
    Cc: FEDERAL BUREAU OF INVESTIGATION (FBI USA).
    Cc: CENTRAL INTELLIGENCE AGENCY (CIA).
    CC: Canadian Police Association
    CC: GENERAL INTELLIGENCE DEPARTMENT (GID)
    CC: Asia Pacific Group on Money Laundering (APG)
    CC: Egmont Group
    CC: European Bank for Reconstruction and Development (EBRD)
    CC: Financial Action Task Force (FATF)
    CC: International Monetary Fund (IMF)
    CC: International Organization of Securities Commissions (IOSCO)
    CC: International Banking Security Association (IBSA)
    CC: International Air Transport Association (IATA)
    CC: Institut de Formation Interbancaire (INSIG)
    CC: World Customs Organization (WCO)
    CC: Inter-American Development Bank (IADB)
    CC: Offshore Group of Banking Supervisors (OGBS)
    CC: WORLD CENTRAL BANK (WCB)
    CC: NIGERIA POLICE FORCE (NPF)
    CC: NORTH YORKSHIRE POLICE (UK)
    CC: ECONOMIC FINANCIAL CRIME COMMISSION (EFCC)

2. ClaraLou

ClaraLou Total Gardener

Ratings:
    +2,730
    Have just received this cheery offer of free money from Mr George Nduka. He apologises for not knowing my mindset. No need - I'm sure Mr Nduka is an exemplary bank manager.

-------------------------------

Hello

Pardon me for not having the pleasure of knowing your mindset before making you this offer and it is utterly
    confidential and genuine by virtue of its nature.

I write to solicit your assistance in a funds transfer deal involving US$3.5M.This fund has been stashed out of the
    excess profit made last 2years by my branch office of the International Commercial Bank of Ghana which I am the manager.

I have already submitted an approved end-of-the-year report for the year 2007 to my head office here in Accra-Ghana and they will never know of this excess.

I have since then, placed this amount on a Non-Investment Account without a beneficiary. Upon your response, I will
    configure your name on our database as holder of the Non-Investment Account. I will then guide you on how to
    apply to my head office for the Account Closure/bank-to-bank remittance of the funds to your designated bank
    account.

If you concur with this proposal, I intend for you to retain 30% of the funds while 70% shall be for me. Kindly forward
    your response to me immediately

Email:[email protected]
    Phone:0546623354

With Regards,
    George Nduka

3. capney

capney Head Gardener

Retired and glad of it.
    Ratings:
    +1,320
    Only US$3.5M...!
    Sure we can do better then that.

4. Sussexgardener

Sussexgardener Gardener

Ratings:
    +41
    I hope you peeps are being careful when opening these emails - I'm sure some of the senders have a read receipt on them...thereby alerting them that one of the mass emails they sent it to is genuine. Thus opening the floodgates for more such emails...

I never see any of these sort of emails. They end up in my junk folder and get deleted without being opened (although they are quite a laugh to read, I'll give you that!).

5. capney

capney Head Gardener

Retired and glad of it.
    Ratings:
    +1,320
    This one...
    Straight to the jugular... no preamble

Greatings,

I am Tomo Sand Nori from Japan,
    I am sorry to encroach into your privacy in this manner, I found your
    email listed in the Trade Center Chambers of Commerce located here in
    Japan, I have a bussiness proposal of $40 million usd for you.If intrested Conta
    ct me for more information

6. ClaraLou

ClaraLou Total Gardener

Ratings:
    +2,730
    The end is nigh. Not only have I discovered that I am old enough to remember the Paul Daniels Show (see Strictly thread) but total strangers have started addressing me as 'dear'. Time to start cultivating the monkshood.

----------------------------------

Attention Dear

I have been waiting for you to contact me on your international certified bank draft of $800,000.00, cashable anywhere in the world,but I did not hear from you since then.

I went and I left your Bank Draft with FedEx International - Express Delivery, Courier, West Africa. At the moment, I'm very busy, I travelled out of the country for 3 Months Course and won't be back till end of November. You are to get in contact with with FedEx International, West Africa quickly for the collection of your international certified bank draft and details when they will deliver your package because of the expiring date.

For your information, I paid for the delivering Charge, Insurance premium and Clearance Certificate Fee of the bank draft showing that, it is not Drug Money or meant to sponsor Terrorist attack in your Country except the security keeping fee which will be paid by you.

The only money you will send to the FedEx International, West Africa to eliver your Bank Draft direct to your delivery Address is ($240 USD) only,been Security Keeping Fee of the Company so far. I have to let you pay this personally because i don't know when you will contact them and in case of demur-rage.

Contact the FedEx International, West Africa now for the delivery with this information bellow:

FedEx Contact Person: Mr. Williams James
    Email : [email protected]
    Finally, make sure that you reconfirm:
    1. Full Name & Address:
    3. Occupation:
    4. Age:
    5. Sex:
    6. Telephone Number:
    7. Nationality:
    8. Place of Residence:

After your payment of $240 To avoid any mistake on your Delivery, Request the shipment details. Which includes your tracking number to enable you track your package. clearly again, contact them NOW to avoid delays and remember Your Payment of $240 for their immediate action on the Secure Keeping of your international certified bank draft. Give keep me posted through email once Bank Draft is cleared and remember the less privileged.

Sincerely,

Mrs. Rose Wils

Former Director Presidential Library & Museum
    International On-line Lottery Co-ordinator.(c) 2010

7. capney

capney Head Gardener

Retired and glad of it.
    Ratings:
    +1,320
    They must think we have just got off the banana boat....

8. shiney

shiney President, Grumpy Old Men's Club Staff Member

Retired - Last Century!!!
    Ratings:
    +122,460
    $800,000 - Pahh!!! Not worth getting out of bed for. :hehe:

In Mrs shiney's spam box there is an email that says she can get 25% of $65,000,000. :rotfl: :rotfl:

9. ClaraLou

ClaraLou Total Gardener

Ratings:
    +2,730
    He hasn't even bothered with the jugular. He's gone straight to your privacy. :hehe:

10. ClaraLou

ClaraLou Total Gardener

Ratings:
    +2,730
    Cut the schmultz. Just send me the filthy lucre.

-----------------------------------------------------

Dear Friend,

ABOUT ME

The way I see it, you have two choices in life; you can be grateful for everything life
    has given you or you can be resentful for everything life has done to you.
    Focusing on what we already have and are grateful for right now is one of the most
    powerful things we can do to alter our life in a positive way.
    We can do this through losing as well as through winning,
    by having and by not having, by succeeding or by failing.
    You are always a valuable, worthwhile human being, not because anybody says so,
    not because you're successful, not because you make a lot of money,
    but because you decide to believe it and for no other reason.
    My name is Monna Mullins, an American Citizen residing in Madrid, Spain.
    I lost my entire family members in a plane crash on board the Spanair MD-82 airliner in 2008.
    You can go to this weblink for more details about the crash,

http://edition.cnn.com/2008/WORLD/europe/08/22/plane.crash.madrid/index.html

I was one of the only survivor and life has never being the same for me again.
    To make matters worse, my Doctor recently told me, the head injuries i sustained from
    the plane crash has seriously damaged the left-hemisphere of my brain and caused a major
    damage to my spinal cord. My Doctor says, i have a few months to live after
    a series of surgeries and tests had been carried out.

WHY I SENT YOU THIS EMAIL

I seek your consent to present you as my Trustee/Foreign Investor and partner to my Bank,
    In Madrid, Spain. So that the proceeds of my investment account ($25,000,000.00 USD, Fifty-Five Million US Dollars)
    can be paid to you. I have all the necessary information, guidelines and documents.
    You might probably think this is just another scam or scheme,
    but i assure you that you can only know the truth if you read carefully the content here
    in and act as your heart leads you. Although, i am a stranger to you and for all you know
    i could be just another of those Internet con-artist. However, i will implore you to respond to this e-mail
    with a clear conscience and a free will to get involved in this task. I will appreciate your outmost
    confidentiality and discreetness in this matter until the task is accomplished, as i don't want
    anything that will Jeopardize this transaction. Please contact me immediately for further information and explanation.
    I know i have never met you in person, but my intuition tells me to do this, and I hope you act sincerely.

My best regards to your family,
    Monna Mullins

11. MartinHp71

MartinHp71 Gardener

Ratings:
    +1
    They really do get inventive .. there was almost a tear in my eye for poor Monna and her damaged left hemisphere. :lollol::lollol::lollol:

12. capney

capney Head Gardener

Retired and glad of it.
    Ratings:
    +1,320
    These guys should be writing novels...

13. ClaraLou

ClaraLou Total Gardener

Ratings:
    +2,730
    Getting stroppy now. It's this guy's second attempt to put twelve million pounds in my direction and I haven't even had the grace to reply. There's no pleasing some people. But then, when you've already been pledged megamillions, what's another twelve big ones?

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Dear Friend,

The actual purpose of this email notice is to notify you again that you were listed as a beneficiary to a total sum of (Twelve Million British Pounds) as written in the codicil and last testament of the deceased, [name now withheld since this is our second attempt to reach you].

However all legal papers to claim said funds will be processed in your name on your acceptance. Therefore we request that you kindly forward to us your letter of acceptance; your current telephone and fax numbers and a forwarding address to enable us file all necessary documents at the probate registry for this claim.

Please indicate your interest immediately via this email: [ [email protected] ] for us to proceed and i shall feed you with full details on the procedures upon receipt of your reply towards this notice.

Waiting your urgent response.

Sign,
    Mr. John Miles
    [Legal Trustee]
    Tel: +44 (701) 116 2804
    Belfast, United Kingdom

14. Sussexgardener

Sussexgardener Gardener

Ratings:
    +41
    That's a funny number for Belfast.

Unless it's Belfast, Nigeria of course!

15. MartinHp71

MartinHp71 Gardener

Ratings:
    +1
    I don't think they quite crasp that Southern Ireland is not part of the United Kingdom. They also don't realise that not everywhere in the world uses US dollars and that in Dublin they use Euro's, whilst we of course use Stirling. They (as normal) do seem very confused in this one received today:

Bank of Scotland (Ireland)
    Bank of Scotland House,
    124-127 St. Stephen's
    Green, Dublin 2
    United Kingdom

Dear Customer,

RE: INSTRUCTIONS ON HOW TO CREDIT YOUR ACCOUNT WITH THE SUM OF US$5,800,000.00

We at this bank (Bank of Scotland) wish to congratulate and inform you that after thorough review of your Inheritance/Contract funds transfer release documents in conjunction with the Bank of England/World Bank and the International Monetary Fund assessment report, your payment file was forwarded to us for immediate transfer of a part-payment US$5,800,000.00 to your designated bank account from their offshore account with us.

The Audit reports given to us shows that you have been going through hard times by paying a lot of money to see to the release of your funds, which has been delayed by some dubious officials. We therefore advice that you stop further communication with any correspondence outside this office since you do not have to pay any money or fee to receive your funds as you have met up with the whole funds transfer requirements.

The only thing required from you is to obtain the Non-Residential Clearance Certificate to enable us credit your account directly by telegraphic transfer or through any of our corresponding banks and send copies of the funds transfer release documents to you and your bankers for confirmation. Should you follow our directives, your funds will be credited and reflect in your bank account within five (5) bank working days from the day you obtain this Non-Residential Clearance Form.

For further details and assistance on this Remittance Notification, kindly fax or email your FULL CONTACT ADDRESS, TELEPHONE and FAX NUMBERS directly to our official Fax number: +44 844 774 1816 or E-mail: Mr.Terry Johnson.

Yours sincerely,
    Mrs.Alice Zed
    Head, International Banking Division.
    Bank of Scotland