Another email scam alert

Discussion in 'Computer Corner' started by capney, Aug 15, 2010.

1. ClaraLou

ClaraLou Total Gardener

Ratings:
    +2,730
    :rotfl: Stop dealing with dubious officials, Martin!

2. MartinHp71

MartinHp71 Gardener

Ratings:
    +1
    Consider it stopped ClaraLou !! :lollol::lollol::lollol:

3. shiney

shiney President, Grumpy Old Men's Club Staff Member

Retired - Last Century!!!
    Ratings:
    +122,459
    Martin, That's very interesting as it says that the Bank of England have an offshore account with the Bank of Scotland :scratch:. Do you think we should snitch on them? :hehe:

4. capney

capney Head Gardener

Retired and glad of it.
    Ratings:
    +1,320
    Recieved this e-mail scam today.
    Its sickerning to see lowlife trying to con on the grounds of subjects like breast cancer.

Hi,
    I am very sick suffering from breast cancer. I want you to help me carry out my last wish.
    I want to donate to the needy. Reply back to me for more details.
    Judith

5. MartinHp71

MartinHp71 Gardener

Ratings:
    +1
    Received this one today ... after being quite free of these silly spams I now have an influx. I like how many mistakes they have managed to make in such a short email.

Subject: Halifax Online: Important Message

[align=center]Your account is suspended due to Halifax Plc major Terms are being changed.

To re-activate your account you need to complete the Halifax online security page to verify the legitimate account holder:

CLICK HERE (link deleted)

Your account will be automatically activated after security details confirmed.

We would consider terminating your access to your saved funds if you failed to verify the rightful holder of this account.[/align]

[align=center]Regards,
    [align=center]Head of Halifax Online Commercial Operations[/align]
    [/align]

Halifax is a division of Bank of Scotland plc. Bank of Scotland plc, HBOS Investment Fund Managers Limited, Halifax Life Limited and Halifax Share Dealing Limited and St Andrew's Life Assurance plc are authorised and regulated by the Financial Services Authority, 25 The North Colonnade, Canary Wharf, London E14 5HS. They are entered in the Financial Services Authority's Register and their Register Numbers are 169628, 119223, 171881, 183332 and 189101. This is an English language site, all contracts will be in the English language only. Bank of Scotland plc, Registered in Scotland No. SC327000. Registered Office: The Mound, Edinburgh EH1 1YZ. Copyright © 2008. All rights reserved.

6. capney

capney Head Gardener

Retired and glad of it.
    Ratings:
    +1,320
    HSBC is trying that scam as well:skp:

7. ClaraLou

ClaraLou Total Gardener

Ratings:
    +2,730
    I get the same message from a wide assortment of banks and building societies, presumably on the basis that I must have an account with one or other of them. I wonder how many people get duped by these things? I suppose the crims must get lucky often enough to make it worth sending out the e-mails.

8. Sussexgardener

Sussexgardener Gardener

Ratings:
    +41
    They do - if they send out 100,000 of these emails and only person takes the bait, then it's worth their while. I guess we all get those spam emails then, for banks that we've never had an account with!

9. capney

capney Head Gardener

Retired and glad of it.
    Ratings:
    +1,320
    Heres another sickening email scam which offends me...

God Bless,
    My name is Mrs.Jackson carolena maria I am a dying woman who have decided to donate what I have to you/ church.
    I am 69 years old and I was diagnosed of cancer of about 2 years ago.I have been touched by God to donate from
    what I have inherited from my late husband to you for the good work of God.I have asked God to forgive me and
    believe he has because He is a merciful God.I will be going in for an operation later today.I decided to WILL/donate
    the sum of (Seven.five million dollars.)to you for the good work of the lord,and also to help the motherless and less privilege
    and also for the assistance of the widows. At the moment I cannot take any telephone calls right now due to the fact that
    my relatives (They had squandered the funds i gave them for this purpose before)are around me and my health status.
    I have adjusted my WILL and my lawyer is aware.I wish you all the best and may the good Lord bless you abundantly,
    and please use the funds well and always extend the good work to others.
    Contact my lawyer with this information:
    Name:Barr.Webber Garry Neil
    Email:I(Removed by me)
    Tell him that I have WILLED ( 7.5M) to you by quoting my personal reference number Her/lr/45/xz and I have also notified
    him that I am WILLING that amount to you for a good work.I know I don't know you but I have been directed to do this.
    Thanks and God bless.
    Regards,
    Jackson carolena maria.

10. ClaraLou

ClaraLou Total Gardener

Ratings:
    +2,730
    I've been very disappointed in the creativity levels of recent scams. 2/10 at most. But this is a new one:-

YOU HAVE BEEN AWARDED A NEW ATM CARD!!!!!

Due to your long over-due fund which you have been finding it difficult to receive via a Certified Bank Draft issued by Deferent organization, We have arranged your payment through our International ATM CARD PAYMENT CENTRE in Europe, America, Africa and Asia Pacific, this is part of an instruction/mandate passed by the Senate in respect to overseas contract payment and debt re-scheduling.

We will send you an International Swift ATM CARD ( Master Card) which you are to use in accessing your fund via in any ATM MACHINE location any
    Where in the world, and the maximum daily limit is Four Thousand United States Dollars ($4,000.00) valued sum at Two Million Five
    Hundred thousand United States Dollars {$2,500,000.00}. If you desire to receive your fund this way kindly contact the ATM officer via email: ([email protected] )

NOTE: you are to re-confirm your details so as to facilitate the immediate release of your ATM CARD immediately.

(1) Your Full Name.

(2) Full Residential Address...

(3) Direct and Current Phone:

(4) Nationality.

(5) Present Country.

Please Note: As soon as your details have been received here by the SWIFT ATM CARD CENTER, you are therefore advised to stop any further communications with

All other bodies such as the Compensation and Finance House, Lottery Organizations etc....

You have to act fast so as to facilitate the immediate release of your ATM Card and more so to avoid miss-appropriation of your Card. Please be aware that you are the only person Left to receive your ATM Card out of the three beneficiaries:

You are to Track this Tracking numbers below in other for you to verify a Client of ours who have received his ATM CARD two days back.

DHL TRACKING CODE : 2896412621 / www.dhl.com

He has already received his ATM CARD that was sent to him and our ATM CODE of conduct is (ATM 101) as this is to be your subject when responding to our email to prove that truly, you received our email

And to differentiate our office from any fraudulent office who will be claiming to be us. We shall be expecting to receive your information as you
    Have to stop any further communication with anybody or office.

Thanks for your co-operation.

International ATM CARD PAYMENT CENTRE.

Mr Steve Richard
    +2348034224192

11. shiney

Ratings:
    +122,459
    I think 2/10 is a bit generous. Can you contact Steve Richard and tell him I am offering a one to one special class in English grammar, creative writing and a guaranteed return on his investment.

He just needs to send me a bankers draft for £500. He can send it to Mr shiney, c/o GardenersCorner, 13 Hornswoggle Street, Rook, UK.

12. ClaraLou

ClaraLou Total Gardener

Ratings:
    +2,730
  13. capney

capney Head Gardener

Retired and glad of it.
    Ratings:
    +1,320
  14. Larkshall

Larkshall Gardener

Ratings:
    +14
    I feel deprived, why am i not getting these stupid emails. Is my ISP depriving me of them or is it my operating system? It can't be my email client as I use Thunderbird like millions more.

One question: Will he get rooked.

15. shiney

Ratings:
    +122,459
    Larkshall, I reckon it must be ageism :old: :hehe:. They are depriving you of the chance to get all that money :lollol:.

Not only will he get rooked but he will get hornswoggled as well :yho:.