Anybody have a clue about electricity poles in your garden?

Discussion in 'Off-Topic Discussion' started by hailbopp, Sep 10, 2024.

1. pete

pete Growing a bit of this and a bit of that....

Retired
    Ratings:
    +92,061
    Just a thought, but do you get a yearly payment for having this pole on your land.

I believe farmers get paid for having pylons.

2. Jiffy

Jiffy The Match is on Fire

Pyro
    Ratings:
    +32,984
    We get (i think it's) £1.50 a year for a cable, you get payment for cable/pole/pylons that don't supply your house etc, any cable etc that supply your house you don't get paid

When they put poles in near by they use a digger to dig hole then put up pole then back filled and compacted the soil around the pole using digger bucket. bang bang bang :thud: but i have seen them using argers for the holes these can be on a digger or a lorry with a hiab

• Like Like x 1
    • hailbopp

hailbopp Gardener

Ratings:
      +857
      As Jiffy quite rightly said as this pole is to supply us we do not get paid for having it on our land. We do have wires that cross over the bottom of our driveway which do not supply us. Some shady lot appeared years ago saying they were going to make our fortune if we let them claim against Scottish Power for the wires. Smelling a rat! I got in touch with Scottish Power, after a brief chat with someone they reckoned we would be entitled to claim about tuppence ha’penny…..didn’t bother to claim!

• Informative Informative x 1
      • fairygirl

fairygirl Total Gardener

retired
        Ratings:
        +4,482
        I hope you can get somewhere with it all @hailbopp and get a decent resolution. It doesn't seem to be easy to get that with anything nowadays though.
        I'm reminded of the brilliant line in the Post Office drama though - 'we're just skint little people'...
        Seems to be the 'normal' state nowadays.