Anyone else as 'sad' as me?

Discussion in 'General Gardening Discussion' started by Fidgetsmum, Aug 22, 2010.

1. Fidgetsmum

Fidgetsmum Total Gardener

Ratings:
    +866
    Heartening replies folks - my thanks. Seriously considering printing off your comments and affixing said sheet to an adjoining cupboard door!

2. Daisies

Daisies Total Gardener

Ratings:
    +2,686
    Me too! I keep a garden journal which was started in the summer of 2000 when I moved into this house and though there are gaps when my knee when dicky and had to have a replacement - thus necessitating a gardener who just kept it tidy for me - I've entered every planting, flowering, blooming and harvesting of every veg, shrub and flower since. I've also kept the tickets for all the non-annual plants since the beginning but I keep forgetting to bin those I've got rid of! :hehe:

I even have a chart of the gardens front and back with it marked off into sections so if I move something I can just put "moved XXX from area B to area H" Now that's sad! :ywn:

3. shiney

shiney President, Grumpy Old Men's Club Staff Member

Retired - Last Century!!!
    Ratings:
    +122,828
    Anyone ever watch 'Monk' on TV? I have a great deal of sympathy for him and can see parts of me in him :hehe:

4. Fidgetsmum

Fidgetsmum Total Gardener

Ratings:
    +866
    Oh, now I really do feel better 'cos y'see, when our garden had it's 'make-over' last year, I bought several plants which I'd never grown before and moved around most of the existing ones. There was no way I was going to remember what was where, so I too have a grid which, as some of the new plants have matured and needed moving again, now resembles the chess score from hell - Paradisea C4 - H17: Gaura D24 - G5, etc.

Come to think of it, maybe my family are right, perhaps I do need 'help' :hehe: