Anyone got one of these?

Discussion in 'Photography Talk' started by marge, Jan 26, 2007.

1. rosa

rosa Gardener

Ratings:
    +14
    davew Thats great i feel its not going to be complicated,will i need to get a fuji cd for the pictures or will they upload without that, wont have the sony as my daughter is having it as i wont need 2 cameras, when i see the fugi pics probably wouldnt want to use the sony anyway.
    thanks for your suggestions much appreciated and when i get the camera next week iff i get into bother will you mind me asking for your advice with you having the same camera

2. Dave W

Dave W Total Gardener

Anything I fancy and can afford!
    Ratings:
    +3,035
    Rosa, I'm nearly 100% sure you'll manage to upload without the Fuji software, but it's difficult for me to say for sure as I've got quite a lot of imaging software on my own PC and I don't know what you've got.
    The only thing I liked about the Fuji software was that it does/did some quite clever naming of folders and files automatically. I did load it but have since stopped using it to transfer images. If you are normally comfortable moving files and folders around your PC you may find you are happier doing it without using the Fuji software.
    You'll find two CDs with your camera. One is called "Hyper Utility Software" and unless you want to get into working in RAW file format I wouldn't bother installing it. There are also a load of utilities on that CD that only work with Fuji DSLR cameras and don't apply to the S9600.

3. rosa

rosa Gardener

Ratings:
    +14
    davew I may not bother with the fuji cds iff i can just upload and move my files in my pictures to suit that will be fine as thats all i do with this sony as soon as i put the usb cable into the camera and pc they come up straight away with import then i click and they all come up and then i transfer the pictures into my folders and quite happy with this, I wont require a fuji album for my pictures

4. rosa

rosa Gardener

Ratings:
    +14
    [​IMG]

here is the new camera folks, just got the battery charger today, getting the xd picture card tommorow then i can get out and take some pictures, will let you know how it performs

5. Dave W

Dave W Total Gardener

Anything I fancy and can afford!
    Ratings:
    +3,035
    That's great Rosa, I was wondering if you had got it yet.
    Happy snapping!

6. rosa

rosa Gardener

Ratings:
    +14
    Thought i would let you know my new camera is great got some great pictures with it, very happy with it, some of the settings have taken a bit of getting used to normally i take pics with pro auto setting which i find is fine

7. Cothey

Cothey Apprentice Gardener

Ratings:
    +0
    I was interested in the cameras on the gadget show, the following day I folowed up in Southampton the next day but hadn't realaised the prices quoted on the show were less lenses, makes quite a difference, to the end price.

8. rosa

rosa Gardener

Ratings:
    +14
    Hi cothey, The xd card you have to buy seperately and also i bought rechargable batteries and charger as they dont come with the camera. Had to buy a sinny camera case as the normal size carrying cases are to small for this camera mind i bought mine in tescos for �£5

9. Cothey

Cothey Apprentice Gardener

Ratings:
    +0
    Hi Rosa
    Sorry didn't get back, crashed the computer,lost all info.
    i did know about the XD card but have them with my current digi.

10. rosa

rosa Gardener

Ratings:
    +14
    hi cothey your lucky having the card with the camera, some you get with certain cameras and others you have to but seperately.
    I have bother at time with my pc crashing and just going on a complete stand-still very annoying isnt it.