Anyone know anything about repairing LCD TV's ?

Discussion in 'Off-Topic Discussion' started by Sam1974x, Jul 8, 2009.

1. JWK

JWK Gardener Staff Member

Ratings:
    +49,205
    Its the retailer you would have to return it to under the Sales of Good Act (not the manufacturer). So I think they had a point in saying currys, assuming your sister get it from currys in the first place? Without a receipt they might not want to know.

2. Sam1974x

Sam1974x Gardener

Ratings:
    +17
    I would imagine it would have been currys, or comet, or even argos. I dont know as not spoken to her to ask.

Goodmans told me it was currys before I had said anything about where it was purchased from. They said it wasnt even made by them ...... so why have their badge on it ?? Odd !

If I had got the receipt I would have maybe tried, but knowing without it I wouldnt have a leg to stand on. Plus have had dealing with them before (with a receipt) and never got very far.

I think they just rely on people (like me) who havent got the time or effort to follow it up.

Am just glad I managed to get another silver one though, as they are very few and far between now! Hopefully it will be here in the next day or so :)