Banana Update

Discussion in 'Tropical Gardening' started by Banana Man, Jun 28, 2006.

1. rosa

rosa Gardener

Ratings:
    +14
    hi bm it is a musa, bananarama specially cultivated for the lounge. Tips warm and damp situation. no direct sunlight. [​IMG]

2. Banana Man

Banana Man You're Growing On Me ...

SuperHero...
    Ratings:
    +407
    Hi rosa, yes it isn't hardy, looks like a dwarf cavendish marketed as bananarama. Ideal for your lounge. [​IMG] Direct sunlight is ok if its on your balcony and can get to rainwater, but green house conditions in direct sunlight will crisp up the leaves.

3. rosa

rosa Gardener

Ratings:
    +14
    Thanks BM, dont know where to put it as the balcony is sort of quite full, only get sun from 3 in the afternoon, i may have to put it in the lounge next to the trendy palm. :D

4. FANCY

FANCY Gardener

Ratings:
    +0
    ROSA, YOU WAIT TILL IT GROWS TOO BIG FOR YOUR lounge, never mind just shift the furniture and dont forget to move the husband toooooo!!! fancy [​IMG] :D :D

5. Banana Man

Banana Man You're Growing On Me ...

SuperHero...
    Ratings:
    +407
    Rosa I mean't to say to you don't put the banana on or over any wooden furniture as the leaves perspire at night and will leave small pools of water on your best furniture [​IMG]