Bananamans Hideout

Discussion in 'Members Gallery' started by Banana Man, Jun 28, 2006.

1. Banana Man

Banana Man You're Growing On Me ...

SuperHero...
    Ratings:
    +407
    I will get onto it. :( I like the heads. :( They will only fall in my garden as there is too much foliage behind for the wind to carry them over. The birds might play a role though? I don't mind them growing where they are now although I would be impressed if they manage to germinate under the zero light soil they have fallen on. :D

2. wildflower

wildflower Gardener

Ratings:
    +0
    you will be surprised where they grow its shadey under my kitchen window !!also i can see lots of new shoots in my dense patch and cant really get at them till september to remove them..i like the heads also but yours must be falling to bits now as mine have ..i had 4 angelicas and have removed the heads from 3 ..the other one will have to come off today.. :(

3. rosa

rosa Gardener

Ratings:
    +14
    That is fantastic a credit to you, I honestly never thought you could grow banana trees in our country like them, i had them in houston, texas. in pots they never produced bananas for years, my friends still have them and they have produced bananas for the first time last year.
    your gardens are something to be proud of enjoy.
    from rosa

4. Webmaster

Webmaster Webmaster Staff Member

Ratings:
    +2,955
    BM,

Your garden is something to behold, after visiting today, is it like a planned jungle, I love the way that from one area, you find another hidden area ie. your Private area [​IMG]

Nathan

ps. Your fish and tanks are also something else.

5. Banana Man

SuperHero...
    Ratings:
    +407
    Cheers Nathan I'm glad my garden did not disappoint! Always room for more plants. :D drop in anytime your passing.

I forgot to say to your Dad (top bloke [​IMG] ) that the tree place I had my whoppers from was called 'Tree Heritage' based in Hertford. :D

6. Webmaster

Webmaster Webmaster Staff Member

Ratings:
    +2,955
    I will let him know :D .

7. UsedtobeDendy

UsedtobeDendy Gardener

Retired teacher and gardener
    Ratings:
    +172
    Have you come across Architectural Plants, BM? I'm considering using them, and they seem good - but it would be good to know from someon'es personal experience of them, if poss....

8. Banana Man

SuperHero...
    Ratings:
    +407
  9. Juliet

Juliet Gardener

Ratings:
    +0
    You have an amazing oasis of a garden and I really enjoyed looking through the pictures. I tried growing a Gunnera in the past and although it lived it didn't flourish. I do have a spare half barrel though and you've given me a great idea there. I presume it is a mini bog garden and you have it lined to keep it moist/damp?

10. PeterS

PeterS Total Gardener

Retired
    Ratings:
    +4,015
    BM, absolutely fantastic. I just don't know how you get so much in a limited space. I do agree with you about a private space, I think a garden must be a place where you can lose yourself.