bare patches - could it be worms????

Discussion in 'General Gardening Discussion' started by gavlap, Oct 4, 2006.

1. Lady Gardener

Lady Gardener Gardener

Ratings:
    +0
    wht not try armillatox ... the smell would drive avay most creatures, large and small and will also help with any lawn disease ....... of course it is not legally recommended for this .. so you will have to say you were washing your grass when the might of the law bears down on you!

2. gavlap

gavlap Apprentice Gardener

Ratings:
    +0
    Cheers for the tip Lady Gardnener, does it really work on most garden pests without harming the grass?

Whens the best time to apply and how much should I use? I can't see it giving me directions on the box...

thanx again

3. Hornbeam

Hornbeam Gardener

Ratings:
    +1
    From your description the pests are leatherjackets. I would disagree with Lady Gardener and certainly not use armillatox. Blackbirds and starling generelly clear up leatherjackets and I am never bothered by them. You don't want your birds to eat armillatox poisoned grubs do you?

See here for some green ideas: http://www.greengardener.co.uk/leatherj.htm

You will also find information there on deterring worms from lawns as well as tackling ants

Never use poisons of any kind - you'll regret it :D