1. IMPORTANT - NEW & EXISTING MEMBERS

E-MAIL SERVER ISSUES

We are currently experiencing issues with our outgoing email server, therefore EXISTING members will not be getting any alert emails, and NEW/PROSPECTIVE members will not receive the email they need to confirm their account. This matter has been escalated, however the technician responsible is currently on annual leave.For assistance, in the first instance, please PM any/all of the admin team (if you can), alternatively please send an email to:

[email protected]

We will endeavour to help as quickly as we can.
    Dismiss Notice

Bat Boxes

Discussion in 'Wildlife Corner' started by luciusmaximus, Jan 23, 2018.

1. Kandy

Kandy Will be glad to see the sun again soon.....

Head gardener
    Ratings:
    +6,543
    @luciusmaximus I didn’t realise that all that was going on on Anglesey,no wonder there are so many houses for sale on there:sad:

There was a You Tube video on the net a few years ago where a Vulture was going round a wind turbine in Spain I assume on thermals and it crashed into one of the blades and came crashing down to the ground.It was only saved by some cyclists I think it was that witnessed and filmed it and then managed to rescue it and it was taken off to a rescue centre.:sad:

I can’t understand the RSPB being against turbines as they have one standing in the grounds of their Headquarters at The Lodge in Sandy Bedfordshire and we see it every time we visit the reserve:sad:

• Friendly Friendly x 2
    • Redwing

Redwing Wild Gardener

Ratings:
      +2,830
      It is to do with the location and probably not on a migration route.

• Like Like x 1
      • luciusmaximus

luciusmaximus Total Gardener

Lost in the Wilderness
        Ratings:
        +6,899
        It seems to have come all at once. I knew about the new power station. Its being built on the site of the existing one. The other stuff I did not know about and if I had I would not have come. Easy to be wise with hindsight. Currently trawling through Rightmove looking for somewhere to move to :rolleyespink:. Prices in other parts of the uk are a bit shocking though :hate-shocked:.

• Friendly Friendly x 2