Best Climber

Discussion in 'General Gardening Discussion' started by elliegreenwellie, Feb 23, 2007.

1. elliegreenwellie

elliegreenwellie Gardener

Ratings:
    +1
    Thanks everyone! I have decided to give all your suggestions a try! I have about 15 foot of space to cover. I am definately going to go for the honey suckle, apparently there is an evergreen one - does anyone know the name? Also I would like a summer flowering clematis, with good coverage, low maintenance and if possible evergreen - does such a thing exist? If not what would be the best summer flowering one to get to achieve good coverage quickly. I would be very grateful if anyone could recommend varieties. Cheers [​IMG]

2. me

me Apprentice Gardener

Ratings:
    +0
    do climbers need feeding,or is the rain enough,will to much rain cause any problems for mr clentis

3. Fran

Fran Gardener

Ratings:
    +3
    depends entirely on your soil. There is little nutrient in rain, it is in the soil, some are better than others.
    Clay is rich in nutrients, loam next, sand least.

Garden compost and other organic matter is good in any soil, however with clay and loam, you don't really need to feed as well, , - but with sandy soils and greedy feeders I would .

4. tiggs&oscar

tiggs&oscar Gardener

Ratings:
    +0
    Well, that's a bit of good news for me as I have clay soil. My main mess is lawn at the moment but I had assumed I would need to enrich the garden beds I plan to dig out before planting.

TO