Bins! How do you hide yours?

Discussion in 'General Gardening Discussion' started by Selleri, Oct 18, 2009.

1. takemore02withit

takemore02withit Gardener

Ratings:
    +40
    We have a problem with bins. My garden is only 20ft by 20ft.

I have 2 compost bins. So unfortunatley I have my refuge bins by the side of the house.

Not ideal but you have to make the most of the space you have.

People who have bigger gardens are very fortunate.

You have to make the most of the space you have available. 02

2. Selleri

Selleri Koala

Ratings:
    +8,039
    Thank you all, this forum is really so very inspirational! I came up with another idea, 2 garden trolleys holding Big containers with Big plants to cover the bin niche and allowing easy access? I've always wanted huge Echinops, this might just be my excuse. (and it's Mr Selleri who does the bin things so the access part doesn't really matter as long as I get my Echinops. )

:luv:

3. scotty333

scotty333 Apprentice Gardener

Ratings:
    +3
    As a landscaper bins always prove a problem when trying to source something attractive that is (a) better looking than the bin itself (b) something under £500.00 There is a great alternative though that you can build yourself and really enjoy looking at. Solution - build a green roof over the top of your bins. Simple to do, just sink 4 100 x 100mm fence posts in the ground with post mix, add a sloping roof with marine ply, cover with felt and build your green roof. There's plenty of suppliers on the web of information and materials and this should come in under £100.

We've just done one and will post pictures up on http://www.scottlawrence.co.uk/garden-design.html when its been planted. Hope this helps