Brugmansia 2

Discussion in 'General Gardening Discussion' started by Waco, Jan 8, 2007.

1. youngdaisydee

youngdaisydee Gardener

Ratings:
    +5
    David, I was in Lidl's last week, didn't see any :( I did buy a Aloe Vera, real cheap :)

2. walnut

walnut Gardener

Ratings:
    +15
    B/man e-mail me your addy.

3. strongylodon

strongylodon Old Member

Retired
    Ratings:
    +29,477
    Can't get to Lidls till tomorrow, don't know if there will be any. David were they different colours or just on,e or even have a label?

4. linzibean

linzibean Gardener

Ratings:
    +0
    None left here in Aber yesterday :(

5. Banana Man

Banana Man You're Growing On Me ...

SuperHero...
    Ratings:
    +407
    Is it not too late for Brug seeds, going on what everyone else has been doing ?:)

6. cajary

cajary Gardener

Ratings:
    +15
    Bm. I planted the seeds walnut sent me at about this time last year. Yours probably won't flower this year but I've got some really good looking plants that, I'm sure, will flower this year. Good luck:)

7. JarBax

JarBax Gardener

Ratings:
    +2
    Bought my first brugmansia in Lidl today (was totally by chance, as hadn't seen this thread/been aware they had them!) The pictures on the box show that it is a pink one - they had yellow too.

Have had a quick flick through the thread, but no time for in-depth reading just now...

Was going to put it in new bed in garden, which is pretty sheltered - but saw pics of some i a greenhouse. What should I do?? Plant it out with fingers crossed, or hold onto it indoors for a bit???

8. Sarraceniac

Sarraceniac Gardener

Ratings:
    +3
    Keep it under glass until walnut can advise Jarbax He will need to know how big it is. My baby (pictured above) is staying indoors for another month.

9. JarBax

JarBax Gardener

Ratings:
    +2
    OK, thanks John!

Have read 8 pages of thread, strapping myself to chair to stop myself going back to Lidl to buy the other brugs! Am going to repot mine (it is in a wee pot and is about 6" high), keep it indoors (don't have a greenhouse) and look for something copper (slugs and snails love my garden!)

10. walnut

walnut Gardener

Ratings:
    +15
    Jarbax as John says keep inside for a while yet why it's a young plant,you could put it out in its pot during the day and bring it in at night,it will grow rapidly as it warms up so be prepared to pot it on,I have a lot of mine out now in large pots but i'm constantly monitoring the weather I start getting worried when the temperature drops to 5c then covers are applied or they are dragged back inside.

11. daitheplant

daitheplant Total Gardener

Retired
    Ratings:
    +2,881
    Dee, it`s this week they are available, Strongy, they had pink, yellow and a red/yellow bicolour.:thumb:

12. JarBax

JarBax Gardener

Ratings:
    +2
    Thankyou Walnut! Will look into repotting it tomorrow!

Lidl also had a few other 'exotic' plants, and I am really kicking myself that I was so frugal in only buying one! Mind you, they weren't in the best condition. There was one amazing looking creature - I presume a bi-colour brug. that I commented on to another customer. No idea why I put it back!

13. strongylodon

strongylodon Old Member

Retired
    Ratings:
    +29,477
    Just been to lidl's this evening, nothing except 2 Solanum and a dead Camelia. I will have to make do with the 2 Candida I have from cuttings, unless there are any pink or yellow cuttings to swap for something.

14. youngdaisydee

youngdaisydee Gardener

Ratings:
    +5
    Thanks David.. Ill be there..:thumb:

15. Victoria

Victoria Lover of Exotic Flora

Lady of Leisure
    Ratings:
    +55,156
    Evening, strongy ...

I saw the most exquistie pink huge Brugie tree up North yesterday and had camera on my lap and top down and missed photographing the beauty .... don't bother to ask me if I'm annoyed ..... (tears, tears, tears ...) ....