1. IMPORTANT - NEW & EXISTING MEMBERS

E-MAIL SERVER ISSUES

We are currently experiencing issues with our outgoing email server, therefore EXISTING members will not be getting any alert emails, and NEW/PROSPECTIVE members will not receive the email they need to confirm their account. This matter has been escalated, however the technician responsible is currently on annual leave.For assistance, in the first instance, please PM any/all of the admin team (if you can), alternatively please send an email to:

[email protected]

We will endeavour to help as quickly as we can.
    Dismiss Notice

BT

Discussion in 'Off-Topic Discussion' started by luciusmaximus, Feb 13, 2018.

1. luciusmaximus

luciusmaximus Total Gardener

Lost in the Wilderness
    Ratings:
    +6,899
    On 21/12/17 we ordered Fibre broadband from BT. They can supply it direct to the house rather than from the cabinet to the house ( cabinet is a mile from our house and speeds are much less ). So, we were told that the engineer would be coming on 17/1/18 to install and we received the BT modem through the post. Then BT cancelled our order. No one at BT will admit to doing it or why, but it happened. The order was supposed to have been reinstated. An Open Each engineer came on 21/1 or thereabouts. He put the line to the house and box on the wall and announced he couldn't complete the job as it had been cancelled. More phone calls from us and we were told that the issue had been resolved and the engineer would be back on 1/2 . He did not come. We were again told by BT the order had been cancelled and again no one would admit to anything. After lots of phone calls, emails and using the online BT chat service and Roger spoke to someone who promised to get it sorted out and arranged to phone us the following day. She didn't call. Another phone call to BT from us ( less polite ) and we were eventually told a new order had been placed. We received a phone call yesterday informing us we have to wait almost another 3 weeks for our fibre broadband despite all the problems we've had. They are the only company that can supply to the house direct. Other suppliers have quoted speeds less than half the BT speed.

Has anyone else had problems with BT ?

• Like Like x 2
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
    • Phil A

Phil A Guest

Ratings:
      +0
      Yep, got charged hundreds of pounds extra as they didn't say their call package didn't include calls to mobiles.

Couldn't understand a word from the Indian call centre either.

• Like Like x 4
      • Sheal

Sheal Total Gardener

Ratings:
        +52,612
        Oh yes! And the people they contract to do their work - Open Reach. None of them have got a clue what they are doing. I won't go into two long stories about their handiwork Lucius but be sure you're not alone in this, I sympathise.

• Like Like x 2
        • Agree Agree x 1
        • Loki

Loki Total Gardener

Ratings:
          +4,092
          BT created all sorts of problems for my Mam, when she changed to them. No phone line for nearly two weeks, no TV equally, I rang them to express my concerns.....elderly, needs a phone at least, .......no help whatsoever! :frown:

• Like Like x 2
          • Friendly Friendly x 1
          • Doghouse Riley

Doghouse Riley Head Gardener

"Pleasantly unemployed."
            Ratings:
            +4,411
            We were BSB with a "squarial," which got taken over by Sky, which we dropped and changed to cable, with Nynex, which became Cable & Wireless, which became NTL World, which is now Virgin. They've never been any bother. The cable must be over 20 years old. We can get up to 100Mbs
            But I've just checked it's at 75Mbs at the moment.

• Like Like x 2
            • Loki

Loki Total Gardener

Ratings:
              +4,092
              I've been with Virginia :mute: for years. I can't hand on heart recommend them, they are as rubbish as the rest of them, I regularly have to ring them. Thankfully they do sort the issues promptly :blue thumb:

• Like Like x 1
              • HarryS

HarryS Eternally Optimistic Gardener

Retired
                Ratings:
                +16,246
                I have been with cable Virgin and/or its predecessors for touching on 20 years . As Doghouse above we are on 100 mbs , but speed test shows 80 mbs now . Speed does not show any advantage on 99% of your web browsing.
                Virgin are pretty damned good . Only ever had to call them out once . Spookily they were waiting for me outside when I got up at 07:30 . I will always remember the engineers words after spending 15 minutes testing with his box of tricks... " the problem you have sir is , it is not working ". I could not think of an answer to that. He fitted a new Super Virgin Router !!!! One phone call.. all problems solved. Virgin are a pretty good company , some may not agree :th scifD36: , if only they did MPC !

• Like Like x 1
                • Agree Agree x 1
                • Funny Funny x 1
                • Ned

Ned Evaporated

Prime Minister
                  Ratings:
                  +5,404
                  I live in a ''not spot'' and our village had council grants to connect us to broadband. The company is Vfast, and is absolutely fantastic. The main depot is only 5 minutes away and a local call, so if anything goes wrong I can have a quick chat on the phone and all is sorted in a flash. :yes:

• Like Like x 1
                  • martin-f

martin-f Plant Hardiness Zone 8b

Ratings:
                    +10,302
                    Ive had issues with BT long story but it took them over three months to install us a phone line, my words to the wife was this company is a joke, unfortunately i cant get VM here i never had any issues at my old home with them.