1. IMPORTANT - NEW & EXISTING MEMBERS

E-MAIL SERVER ISSUES

We are currently experiencing issues with our outgoing email server, therefore EXISTING members will not be getting any alert emails, and NEW/PROSPECTIVE members will not receive the email they need to confirm their account. This matter has been escalated, however the technician responsible is currently on annual leave.For assistance, in the first instance, please PM any/all of the admin team (if you can), alternatively please send an email to:

[email protected]

We will endeavour to help as quickly as we can.
    Dismiss Notice

Burnt lawn.

Discussion in 'NEW Gardeners !' started by Stigofthe, Jun 12, 2017.

1. Stigofthe

Stigofthe Apprentice Gardener

Ratings:
    +14
    I put after cut down a bit thick in a few spots. (Zoom in on right side of lawn) Apart from watering he'll out of it and applying top spot and a bit of seed. Can I do anything else to bring back the green. Thanks 20170611_130846.jpg

2. Ned

Ned Evaporated

Prime Minister
    Ratings:
    +5,404
    Afraid the main ingredient is patience. It won`t repair overnight. It would be best to keep the blades up a bit higher when you mow - then just wait.

3. Verdun

Verdun Passionate gardener

Ratings:
    +17,487
    Agree with Tetters...raising the cut and mow once a week. However, I would rake lightly the damaged areas and over seed. Seed should germinate quite quickly so a decent lawn should be had in a month or so :)
    Less is more I find with lawn feeding.......feed more often and less at a time

4. Stigofthe

Stigofthe Apprentice Gardener

Ratings:
    +14
    Thank you. I won't feed again.

5. Jiffy

Jiffy The Match is on Fire

Pyro
    Ratings:
    +31,956
    Depending on the strength, the residue fert may also burn any new/young growth of grass seedlings

• Agree Agree x 1