Buying plants online

Discussion in 'General Gardening Discussion' started by Sparra, Jun 4, 2012.

1. *dim*

*dim* Head Gardener

Ratings:
    +1,593
    I buy loads off plants off the internet ... (both ebay and online)

all transactions have been fine ... just 2 quick tips:

if buying online, make double sure that they have stock (read the listing) ... it will tell you (example: despatch in August)

always ask the seller about the roots ... some sellers on ebay (including large online suppliers) sometimes pot up plug plants just before shipping to you, and they sell it at a higher premium that plug plants (they sell it as 9cm pots)

when you receive the plants, you recieve a plug plant in a pot of compost, with baby roots

• Like Like x 1
    • Sparra

Sparra Gardener

Mum
      Ratings:
      +240
      oo thank you dim, most of them stated they were in 9cm pots, and a couple stated bare root, I'm writing this down, also might have another look at the other site, they were selling them in 2ltr pots, thanks again :dbgrtmb:

• westwales

westwales Gardener

10 miles from the coast in the rainy west
      Ratings:
      +598
      I don't buy much on-line but bought roses this year (March) from The Perennial Nursery which has an ebay shop (rrr5955). They're based on Orkney and I thought I may have to wait a while for delivery... ... I ordered at about 1am on Thursday morning and the roses were delivered at 8.15 on Friday ie 31 hours later. They were in lovely condition and have just produced their first flowers. I'd recommend them on price, service and most of all the quality of the plants.

• Like Like x 1
      • longk

longk Total Gardener

Ratings:
        +23,091
        I rarely buy on-line, but my absolute unreserved recommendation is Hill House Nursery. P&P is not cheap, but when they arrive you'll understand why!

• Like Like x 1