Can anyone recommend long-lasting wellies?

Discussion in 'Off-Topic Discussion' started by TurnedThespian, Mar 28, 2015.

1. Val..

Val.. Confessed snail lover

Retired
    Ratings:
    +4,951
    I think these look excellent, do let us know if they are comfortable to wear. :thumbsup:

2. Charlie996

Charlie996 Gardener

Retired Builder
    Ratings:
    +857
    Chinese man at the local take away bought some Hunters.

He told me the lasted a wellie good time ..........................................

• Funny Funny x 2
    • TurnedThespian

TurnedThespian Gardener

Reformed Luvvie
      Ratings:
      +510
      They arrived yesterday, Val. (I had to put the order on hold over Easter until we got home). I got one pair of the Firefighters for me, and one pair of the Century 4000 for the other half, as they didn't have his size left in the Firefighters.
      They are indeed heavy duty! And indeed heavier in weight than most wellies (unsurprisingly) but not so heavy that they're hard to walk in. I'd be surprised if they perish in two years, but time will tell. They came with a certificate, and the Firefighters were made by Hunter in Dumfries, before they shipped out to China, so they should be made the old way, and therefore should last. The Century ones look to be made by the same method, although not in the UK. :-)
      I'd say they're comfier than the last wellies I had, as they're generously sized and roomy, but there's less give due to the steel toe-caps.

• Like Like x 1
      • Useful Useful x 1
      • merleworld

merleworld Total Gardener

Ratings:
        +4,087
        I use the Muck Boot Company neoprene wellies. Not only are they much warmer on your tootsies in winter but they are long lasting and very comfy (and stretchy for larger calves).