capital punishment or not

Discussion in 'Off-Topic Discussion' started by intermiplants, Oct 8, 2007.

1. Sarraceniac

Sarraceniac Gardener

Ratings:
    +3
    Quite right Shiney. It really boils down to Voltaire's 'I do not agree with what you have to say, but I will defend to the death your right to say it.' [​IMG]

2. walnut

walnut Gardener

Ratings:
    +15
    Well I think you have gathered what my thoughts are on the matter and no one has persuaded me otherwise,I still think the soft approach that is now prevelant has got out of hand and radicle steps are need to address the problem, I do agree with what Shiney says we will all never agree on the correct way forward the hole is just getting bigger.

3. pete

pete Growing a bit of this and a bit of that....

Retired
    Ratings:
    +92,089
    Of course I agree that eveyones point of view may be different and thats what makes it interesting.
    I just think that it doesn't really need philosophers etc. to get involved, we are talking reallity, those sort of people can waffle on for hours about absolutely nothing, and achieve absolutely nothing.
    Next step will be, we stop locking up murderers because that doesn't work.
    I can see this same debate going on in say 50yrs time,..... can you remember when we used to put them in prison, that never did work. :(

4. daitheplant

daitheplant Total Gardener

Retired
    Ratings:
    +2,881
    Totally agree Shiney, but re the thought police, do you realise that a law came into force a week or two ago whereby all our phone calls and text messages must be recorded and kept for a year by the phone companies? David.

5. pip

pip Gardener

Ratings:
    +226
    Just sat and read right through this thread.
    Very interesting,informative and heavy :eek: [​IMG] !!!!!!!!!!!!1

6. Victoria

Victoria Lover of Exotic Flora

Lady of Leisure
    Ratings:
    +55,171
  7. miraflores

miraflores Total Gardener

Ratings:
    +2,389
    lovely guitar playing, Lady of Leisure...

8. intermiplants

intermiplants Gardener

Ratings:
    +3
    wow [​IMG] only just flown back to uk and not had time to read the thread yet but it looks like its going to make some good reading in the morn [​IMG] :cool:

9. walnut

walnut Gardener

Ratings:
    +15
    Yes Ste you are resposible for this no good starting a thread then jetting off on your hols you miss all the fun [​IMG]

10. Sarraceniac

Sarraceniac Gardener

Ratings:
    +3
    Quote from Pete:

Hmmm. Interesting philosophy that one Pete. [​IMG] :confused:

11. intermiplants

intermiplants Gardener

Ratings:
    +3
    well that was intresting reading.. [​IMG] well i didnt go to uni and i didnt get ten degrees. so for some this may be a simplistic view [​IMG] but to the normal family man who pays taxes and that can see past his own nose it makes me sick to the back teeth that we are prepared to keep perverts rapists and muderers alive ..the armed forces is a different issue and if you want to know what people think of the armed forces ..then start a thread on it.. i started this thread because it was a really heated debate we had at a family gathering . yes mistakes have been made in the past but now with cctv and the latest dna we are in a position not all but sometimes and in these cases where there can be no mistake .if a man can rape a six year old girl in her bedroom or the local junkie robs and rapes your mum and is caught in the act .. then b.lls to the lot of you he got to hang and hang high.looks like most are in favour and rightly so .. no we cant sort the world out and yes armed forces is a hot topic ..i would poison shoot or strangle the scum myself.. keep em alive my a.. bring capital punishment back a.s.ap [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

12. Sarraceniac

Sarraceniac Gardener

Ratings:
    +3
    From Shiney

No comment.

13. pete

pete Growing a bit of this and a bit of that....

Retired
    Ratings:
    +92,089
    As I said earlier, I'm not getting involved :D