Corona Virus Treatment

Discussion in 'Off-Topic Discussion' started by ricky101, Feb 10, 2020.

1. Logan

Logan Total Gardener

housewife
    Ratings:
    +47,782
  2. Telmadee

Telmadee Gardener

Lab tech
    Ratings:
    +351
    I'm terrified of going back to work, I feel like a right flake. The problem is I work in an opticians so close contact with people, and what I am scared of is incase I pass anything on to my in laws who are both nearing 80 years old. My mother in law is disabled and cant do anything anymore for herself (mitochondria) she is also tube fed and I'm the only one who can tend to her stoma site and maintain the tube for hygiene and turning it etc, aswell as feeding her so got to be in close contact. (My father in law feeds her twice through the day, but I go mornings and once a week clean and maintain the tube) so I'm so worried about going back to work incase i catch or pass anything on to them.

• Friendly Friendly x 4
    • Loofah

Loofah Admin Staff Member

Ratings:
      +23,866
      Your employer should be putting in place any required measures for safety. If they don't then I can't see how they could demand you return to work.
      As an aside, teachers, such as my wife, that have been required to work for other key worker's children have had zero PPE and only token nods toward other protective measures so the household is constantly at risk.

• Informative Informative x 2
      • Like Like x 1
      • Logan

Logan Total Gardener

housewife
        Ratings:
        +47,782
        At the moment opticians aren't opening yet. As you say you'll be in close contact with people and we've been told not to do that unless with ppe.

• Like Like x 2
        • Telmadee

Telmadee Gardener

Lab tech
          Ratings:
          +351
          @Loofah @Logan thanks for your reply, apparently my boss is getting us full PPE, but the problem is I glaze the spectacles too, and that cant be done wearing gloves, because of having to put in the tiny glazing screws into the frames, also I have lost count how many times a week I stab myself in the fi ger trying to fit said screws into frames, when I have done this pre lockdown I always wash the wound and then gel it, but it still worries me especially if it is a reglaze of a patients own frame. My sister in law is a teacher too, and my son is a key worker I think I would a wreck.

• Telmadee

Telmadee Gardener

Lab tech
          Ratings:
          +351
          @KFF ours is a small independent and my hubby works for one of the big companies and they have been open with only the boss working they have to run a triage system so if anyone needs emergency appointments they can either get them tested in the practice or refer to another opticians who are open, also open for contact lens collections, but offering home deliveries for specs and routine contact lens collections.

• Friendly Friendly x 1
          • ARMANDII

ARMANDII Low Flying Administrator Staff Member

Ratings:
            +100,838
            I've not seen anything that he's selling his Island:scratch: He doesn't own the Island what he has is a lease of the Island so he could sell that but what he appears to be considering to be selling is.......

Richard Branson clears way to sell up to half his £1.6billion stake in Virgin Galactic as his airline Virgin Atlantic 'puts advisers on standby in case it goes into administration' amid coronavirus crisis
            • US securities filing by Virgin Galactic has removed some barriers on share sales
            • Sir Richard Branson came under fire for asking for £500million from UK plc
            • Virgin Atlantic has reportedly put advisers on standby for administration
            Sir Richard Branson has cleared a path to potentially sell up to half his holdings in Virgin Galactic to raise funds for his under-pressure airline company.

Virgin Atlantic Airways, which has been paralysed during the pandemic, has reportedly also put advisers on standby to potentially handle an administration.

The Virgin Group boss came under fire last month for asking the British government for £500million to support his ailing airlines businesses.

The billionaire businessman offered his own private Caribbean island of Necker, estimated by Forbes to be worth £80million - less than one fifth of the figure being requested - as collateral for any taxpayer cash used to save the airline.

He previously vowed to plough £215million of his own money into his business empire - which includes an airline and railway franchise - to keep it afloat.

• Informative Informative x 3
            • Logan

Logan Total Gardener

housewife
              Ratings:
              +47,782
              Mine has only been doing repairs but no examinations.

• Friendly Friendly x 1
              • Logan

Logan Total Gardener

housewife
                Ratings:
                +47,782

• Informative Informative x 1
                • Logan

Logan Total Gardener

housewife
                  Ratings:
                  +47,782
                • ARMANDII

Ratings:
                  +100,838
                  Ever since Covid 19 has stuck it's ugly head into the World we've seen a miriard of "experts", opinionated media, Journalists, politicians, and "should have, would have" hind sighted people, jumping on the Band Wagon to tell the world how they would have done it when we all know they would either have run away, made a complete farce of it all, have broken down under even the slightest pressure of the reality the Government, Business, and the public have to face.
                  I really detest these Arm Chair "Experts" using the Internet to give us the "benefit" of their "wisdom". ill informed opinions, criticisms, adding to the overflowing muddy river of confusion while ensuring that while they take no part in any really practical help while sitting behind their safe little Computer camera in their safe little room........as far as I am concerned it's a case of "empty vessels make the most noise".:doh: Meanwhile, in the real World, we're mourning the inevitable daily loss of Life, dealing with the personal realities of Life and hoping for, eventually, some sort return to "normality". i, like everyone else, have intelligence and minds of our own, and are trying to deal with the flood of facts, knowledge that this Covid 19 Virus is not like anything we've encountered before, that a vaccine, in reality, is not on the horizon at this moment......so I avoid listening to all those self opinionated, narcissistic "experts".:cat-kittyandsmiley::coffee:

• Like Like x 4
                  • Agree Agree x 1
                  • pete

pete Growing a bit of this and a bit of that....

Retired
                    Ratings:
                    +92,097
                    Hes done it round the wrong way.
                    He was being pressed for a couple of weeks or more for an exit plan.;)
                    He has now come out with one,:smile: but he's left the detail for today, so he's left himself open for criticism.:frown:

"The Piers Morgan show" has got to be the worst load of old tosh, (being polite) , that was ever allowed on TV.
                    He takes 5 minutes to ask a question and allows 5 seconds for an answer, the bloke needs strangling.

Yes I agree Boris got it wrong, but wait, you R soles, (morgan) for the details, sensationalism is not what we want, mister loud mouth, we want facts.

And if anyone is waiting for the government to tell them, its ok to do this, or its ok to do that, for christ sake grow up and make your own mind up.
                    Or are we again looking for someone to blame if we catch it?

In a silly voice, "The government said it would be safe".:roflol:

• Like Like x 2
                    • Agree Agree x 2
                    • Logan

Logan Total Gardener

housewife
                      Ratings:
                      +47,782
                      At 6.55pm on bbc1 tonight Kier Starman the leader of the labour party is going reply to last night's bojo's (political broadcast) yesterday at 7pm.

• Friendly Friendly x 1
                      • Logan

Logan Total Gardener

housewife
                        Ratings:
                        +47,782
                        Well if anyone wants to go with what bojo said last night about how we meet people, on their head be it, but we're sticking to the original message and wait for the next peak and see.

• Like Like x 2
                        • Agree Agree x 1
                        • ARMANDII

Ratings:
                          +100,838
                          If he went to this way or that way, or a million different ways, pete, or given a Encyclopedia of exactly how Business and the Public should do things on his Tv speech, he would still get criticised probably for not leaving it until he spoke in Parliament or for speaking in Parliament and not doing it in the TV Speech:dunno::wallbanging:.

Well, again, I don't watch or listen to these self opinionated Media experts, pete, especially as a certain person fled the UK after insider selling of shares. Why is it that we actually listen to these Goons when we actually have no respect for them or their opinions.:doh:

• Agree Agree x 2