Cosmic Garden Experience - a one off!

Discussion in 'Garden Visits' started by JarBax, May 5, 2007.

1. Fran

Fran Gardener

Ratings:
    +3
    Good gracious, what a garden on contrasts and features. It must have been a magical visit - wonderful pictures, I love the land forms, so unnatural and yet natural.

Why is such an unusual and wonderful garden only open once a year?

2. shiney

shiney President, Grumpy Old Men's Club Staff Member

Retired - Last Century!!!
    Ratings:
    +123,173
    Good question, Fran. With everything that is there and the work that has gone into it they should be proud for people to see it all the time.

I love the landscape features and the architectural ones but admire the person who thought of doing a sculpture out of Schroedingers Equation :eek: [​IMG] [​IMG]

3. JarBax

JarBax Gardener

Ratings:
    +2
    I have to say that I don't actually know why it is only open once a year - though it makes a magical place even more special to visit!

It is a private house, I know Mr Jenks is away a fair bit, but it is still a family home, I think the folk there really appreciate their privacy - the garden is a very personal thing.
    When I worked there, there were a few coach parties - so private bookings can be arranged.

I remember taking a coach load of keen gardeners round 4 days into the job - and really feeling quite ignorant when asked questions about what this plant was, or what this element meant! I think only the fabulous head gardner really has all the answers!

I have a lot more pics - but will have to wait til after my maths exam on Tuesday (when life can begin again!)

4. JarBax

JarBax Gardener

Ratings:
    +2
    A garden of contrasts indeed - from the modern architectural to the positively country cottagey!

[​IMG]

5. Victoria

Victoria Lover of Exotic Flora

Lady of Leisure
    Ratings:
    +55,707
    Lovely pictures, JarBax of indeed an interesting place.