Countdown

Discussion in 'Members Gallery' started by Paladin, Jun 11, 2008.

1. Marley Farley

Marley Farley Affable Admin! Staff Member

Grandmother Gardener Councillor Homemaker
    Ratings:
    +14,126
    :D Aww Pal... you have made my eyes brim.....!!!!! ;):D
    :)That was a very wonderful tender & gentle way to give her away.... I would think people were impressed... No wonder they look so happy & relaxed in that photo... So whose idea was it for you to give her away like that then..??:)

:thumb: Yea...!! Knew you would do great with the speech..!! Glad you proved 'em all wrong too..!!!!:thumb: Such a great day you have all got to remember & look back on...!!!

:thumb: I am soo soo pleased for you all that it went off so smoothly.. BTW.. Where have the happy couple gone for their honeymoon..???:)

2. borrowers

borrowers Gardener

Ratings:
    +48
    Pal, can't believe I didn't know this post was here till you mentioned it somewhere else:(

I'm so pleased your days went well. Marley said she was brimming, I have tears rolling down my face! Absolutely lovely.

That view is gorgeous, bet the room for the wedding looked fantastic. How did the roses look?

What more can I say? I think it's brilliant. So glad you all had a good time. Well done for the speech:)

Have you any more pics?

cheers

3. Paladin

Paladin Gardening...A work of Heart

Retired but still grubbing the soil.
    Ratings:
    +770
    The hand over,so to speak,:D was an idea I put to the registrar and she told me to do what ever I wanted. I have to admit that I nearly cracked though when the Stringed trio struck up Annie's Song:o

Marley,they leave for MEXICO on tuesday for two weeks.:thumb:

4. Paladin

Ratings:
    +770
  5. Marley Farley

Ratings:
    +14,126
    :thumb::D:D Aww Pal... You're just an old romantic at heart...!!! That is so lovely that it was your idea... What a big teddy bear you are...!!!!:D:D I am surprised you didn't have everyone in tears when they struck up Annie's Song...!!!!!! It is a powerful song at the best of times..!!!!;):D:D Oh Pal, just so pleased for you that it was the day you had all hoped for & more, by the sounds of it... Wonderful..!:thumb:

:thumb: Hmmmm Mexico sounds lovely right now too...!! Can't squeeze any passengers in can they.?? Ooooh.. No..!!! On second thoughts don't want to play raspberry..!!!;):D They will have a fantastic time I am sure..!!:)

6. miraflores

miraflores Total Gardener

Ratings:
    +2,389
    Beautiful view from that hotel room, and that of your lovely daughter...
    The "giving away" part sounds very well structured...well done "daddy" !

7. rosa

rosa Gardener

Ratings:
    +14
    pal so pleased the wedding went great, lovely photos of clare and her hubby, just lovely

8. Paladin

Ratings:
    +770
    :thumb:Hi rosa.
    I had a bit of trouble last week with the lad who is going to frame those paintings you did....I almost slapped him because he hadn't done what I'd asked for. I will have to wait for Claire & Del to get back from the honeymoon now thanks to him before I can give them the paintings. At least they did get a quick look this morning before they shot off and said to tell you 'Thank's so very much,you are very talented'

9. JarBax

JarBax Gardener

Ratings:
    +2
    Beautiful pictures, beautiful couple, thankyou for showng us! So glad everything's going well!

10. walnut

walnut Gardener

Ratings:
    +15
    Glad it all turned out right for all of you something you will never forget, good luck and hapiness to the lovely couple.:thumb:

11. Paladin

Ratings:
    +770
    Thanks guys:thumb: I hear there are loads of pictures flying around Face book and my mate in Canada has been in touch to tell me his son had received some from his mates! Small world hey?:)

12. Paladin

Ratings:
    +770
    Well,well,well....who'd have thought it:D I have had several texts congratulating me on making a good speech!...Six from lady friends:rolleyes: who said they had a lovely day and cried buckets and four from blokes asking how on earth I had the b***s to stand up there and open my heart without cracking up.
    I took a call from one of the Brides maids who's parents split as a couple last week wondering why her father didn't tell everyone he loved her on her wedding day last year!...she asked if I would be her dad from now on!!!!!:o

13. Ivory

Ivory Gardener

Ratings:
    +2
    :) Sounds like you did a great job! Very glad it was a really good day for all involved (including the rose!).

14. Marley Farley

Ratings:
    +14,126
    :):):D Aww Pal... Didn't I tell you, you were a great big "Teddy Bear"..!!!!!;):D:D Sounds like you melted allot of hearts matey.....! I think Mrs Pal is a very lucky lady too,, to have found you.....!!:thumb::D:D You will have a wonderful weekend to remember the rest of your days...!!!!;):D:D

15. intermiplants

intermiplants Gardener

Ratings:
    +3
    pal dont forget some more wedding snaps of the big day <only if you have time>:thumb: