Countries BONDS Anyone with financial knowledge

Discussion in 'Off-Topic Discussion' started by Jack McHammocklashing, Oct 16, 2012.

1. Jack McHammocklashing

Jack McHammocklashing Sludgemariner

Ex Civil Serpent
    Ratings:
    +7,341
    Yes I know Shiney
    Problem is with the rate of inflation my savings are barely marking time
    One account with over 10 but less than 15k is paying 0.01% now that is losing my capital daily :-(

It should be at least realistic where savers get at least 1% above inflation and borrowers pay at least 2% above inflation
    IF Capital is just marking time and ALL the savers withdrew their cash (due to no difference) They would not have anything to lend :-)

Jack McH

2. Jack McHammocklashing

Jack McHammocklashing Sludgemariner

Ex Civil Serpent
    Ratings:
    +7,341
    Found out today
    The Credit Union are paying 3.5% dividend on deposits (unlimited)

True a lot of their (most of their) borrowers are debtors, social security non payers of rent
    But any loans the DWP pay the borrowers account direct to the Credit Union
    and the Credit Union pay the rest into their card account
    Past three years have had no defaulters that was not paid back in full

Might put some in there

Jack McH

• Like Like x 1
    • clueless1

clueless1 member... yep, that's what I am:)

Ratings:
      +19,596
      I like the idea of credit unions. It looks to me like they act in the best interests of their customers and offer the fairest deal they can afford. I believe borrowing interest rates are much lower than those of the banks, but to borrow, you have to have proven yourself first, and even then you can only borrow sensible amounts. I saw a leaflet for one once, you had to pay into a savings account with them every week/fortnight or month for a minimum of a year, without ever missing a payment. Then you would be allowed to borrow 3 times what you'd saved up. So prove yourself and borrow modest amounts as opposed to turning up out of the blue and borrowing thousands. Seems sensible to me. It means borrowers are less likely to get out of their depth, and savers can be sure their money is safe. And nobody buys a ferrari with your money and then has the nerve to charge you £35 because you accidentally borrowed 30 pence for a day because a standing order went out the same day as your wages went in.

• Like Like x 1