Covid tests

Discussion in 'Off-Topic Discussion' started by Clueless 1 v2, Jul 3, 2022.

1. pete

pete Growing a bit of this and a bit of that....

Retired
    Ratings:
    +92,076
    Its just going through the process of going there then waiting and stress that pushes it up.
    I think doctors make allowances but its just guesswork on their part, they prefer you to fill in a chart, or you can have a monitor fitted on you for 24hrs.
    Even having a meal lowers your blood pressure which is why you often feel sleepy afterwards.

2. Victoria

Victoria Lover of Exotic Flora

Lady of Leisure
    Ratings:
    +55,157

3. Victoria

Victoria Lover of Exotic Flora

Lady of Leisure
    Ratings:
    +55,157
    I definitely have that!!! I took an Aspirin before I went for my medical for Driving License Renewal and was fine (every other time high).
    Yes, I read best to empty the bladder first. :biggrin:

• Informative Informative x 2
    • Like Like x 1
    • Upsydaisy

Upsydaisy Total Gardener

Living in hope of world wide peace.
      Ratings:
      +54,381
      Yes I have White Coat Syndrome. So many times I've almost had operations and certain procedures cancelled at the last minute because of it. I use to have to go to my DR and get them to write a covering letter confirming that my BP was fine. Now they just ask me to keep a record of it for a week before I have to have anything done...I also have my own machine too.
      Don't really agree with you @Clueless 1 v2 on your reasons for it though :heehee:.....I am not a nervous person and I have complete faith in the staff, I really am not stressed about Dr's, Hospitals ....when it's to do with me, obviously if it's a loved one then yes I am.

• Friendly Friendly x 2
      • john558

john558 Total Gardener

Retired
        Ratings:
        +8,900
        My daughter Maria & my Grandaughter Kat live with me.

On Monday Kat started a week of work experience at a Care Home in Margate She came home loving it plus it was the first time she had travelled on her own on a Bus.

Later on Monday Kat felt grotty with cold symptoms. She didn't go in on Tuesday.
        Today Kat felt better but tested Positive twice for Covid and will have to isolate for 3 days.

Maria & me are feeling grotty, but both tested Negative.

• Informative Informative x 3
        • Friendly Friendly x 1
        • Clueless 1 v2

Clueless 1 v2 Total Gardener

Ratings:
          +2,769
          I have a theory as to why the tests sometimes report negative despite all the clues pointing to a positive case. My theory is only based on my own observations, so take it with a pinch of salt.

When I first became unwell, with all the covid symptoms, and two positive cases in my household, my test was negative, but I was convinced it was wrong. Yesterday I tested again, and there was no ambiguity. Two strong red lines within literally seconds of dropping the solution on. So what was different between the two tests?

I'm a little bit unusual in that when I get a lurgy, I don't initially produce snot. In fact I go to the other extreme. My nose dries out. For me, snot usually comes a few days after any other symptoms, and this time is no different. So on Sunday I swabbed a dry nose and got a negative result, whereas yesterday I swabbed a snotty nose and got a very rapid, unambiguous strong positive.

I'm not sure what use this information is. Maybe find a way to irritate the nose before testing? I don't know, it's just an observation.

• Informative Informative x 2