1. IMPORTANT - NEW & EXISTING MEMBERS

E-MAIL SERVER ISSUES

We are currently experiencing issues with our outgoing email server, therefore EXISTING members will not be getting any alert emails, and NEW/PROSPECTIVE members will not receive the email they need to confirm their account. This matter has been escalated, however the technician responsible is currently on annual leave.For assistance, in the first instance, please PM any/all of the admin team (if you can), alternatively please send an email to:

[email protected]

We will endeavour to help as quickly as we can.
    Dismiss Notice

Cucumber Leaves Problem

Discussion in 'Edible Gardening' started by jane0o0, May 24, 2018.

1. Gail_68

Gail_68 Guest

Ratings:
    +0
    Hi @jane0o0 the soil does look damp...if it was me when the days warm it would be put outside in the sun to help the soil dry out a bit plus all plants need a certain amount of sun besides shade.

• Like Like x 1
    • JWK

JWK Gardener Staff Member

Ratings:
      +46,053
      Cucumbers do have a habit of keeling over and dying at this time of year - it's not easy to understand why, could be too wet or dry or too cold. I always grow an extra plant or two as insurance to fill in the gaps.

• Like Like x 1
      • Informative Informative x 1
      • jane0o0

jane0o0 Gardener

Ratings:
        +308
        I've sowed some more in my heated propagator but it's prob to late now. :-( When I sowed this one I sowed another 6 but gave them all away on Freecycle bar one for myself along with other plants I'd grown from seed. Wish I'd kept extra back now as you've mentioned JWK

• Friendly Friendly x 2
        • JWK

JWK Gardener Staff Member

Ratings:
          +46,053
          They will catch up Jane, albeit a little late. I sowed my second batch 12 days ago and they grow very fast at this time of the year.

Mine germinated indoors without any extra heat in 4 days.

• Like Like x 2