Cumbrian Garden Project

Discussion in 'Garden Projects and DIY' started by Steve R, May 8, 2008.

1. Cookie Monster

Cookie Monster Gardener

Ratings:
    +6
    Good to see the man behind this wonderfully evolving garden and the marvellous Cumbrian Photos...... almost!

2. Steve R

Steve R Soil Furtler

Carer
    Ratings:
    +3,702
    Oh but I am enjoying the garden, I didn't do much work in it yesterday and spent some time just sitting and reading. I'll spend even longer sitting when the flowers come.:D

Steve...:)

3. Steve R

Steve R Soil Furtler

Carer
    Ratings:
    +3,702

Thats easily solved, one from a couple of winters ago, I have nothing recent but will try to sort that out also.

My backyard...

[​IMG]

4. Steve R

Steve R Soil Furtler

Carer
    Ratings:
    +3,702
    The whole thing of the patio has been one of access for my partner Anne who is wheelchair bound, the raised beds where to give Anne access to join in the gardening fun with planting etc.

Here is a sneaky shot I took of her yesterday as she was doing a little planting.....mission accomplished !!

[​IMG]

5. greengiant

greengiant Gardener

Ratings:
    +1
    Quite possibly the greatest backyard in the history of backyards.

6. Marley Farley

Marley Farley Affable Admin! Staff Member

Grandmother Gardener Councillor Homemaker
    Ratings:
    +14,126
    :thumb: Hi Steve, apologies for catching up with this thread so late.! What a fantastic transformation..!! Anne must be thrilled to bits & you must feel such a sense of achievement..! :thumb: There will be no stopping Anne now...:D ;) Where are you going to put the greenhouse then..??;);):D

:thumb:I like my back yard, but yours takes the biscuit...!!! Just beautiful..!!:thumb:

7. Helofadigger

Helofadigger Gardener

Ratings:
    +1
    It most be wonderful for Anne to be able to join you with the gardening Steve and I'm sure she is well chuffed with the wonderful set up you have done for her although watch out if she finds out about your sneaky photo shoot, no lady likes to be taken by surprise..... heads have rolled for lesser things!:eek:

The photo showing you sitting by the lakes and mountains is wonderful the view is truly breathtaking and you aren't too bad either lol! :D

I hope you both get a great deal of enjoyment from your lovely garden.Hel.xxx.

8. Kedi-Gato

Kedi-Gato Gardener

Ratings:
    +35
    First off, Hello Steve and Anne, nice to meet you both at last.

I just love your"thingummy whatchamacallit" (how about trellis archway?), it's going to be beautiful when everything gets growing and blooming, and the smell will be heavenly. Imagine such nice trellis being discarded! Lucky you getting them.

9. Steve R

Steve R Soil Furtler

Carer
    Ratings:
    +3,702
    Our local Garden centre recently thrwe out some old plant stands and replaced with new ones, I got permission as they where put out to be skipped away...so I've dismantled them and bit by bit fetched it all home (this is where I got all the trellis from too!)

Here is the timber all tidied up ready for use (tenons cut off, denailed etc) it includes 16x7.5 foot and 18x6.5 foot, 3 in posts!! All stacked up it looks like a giant pergola kit...

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Work on my Pergola starts some time tomorrow and will be covering in an "L" shape over the raised stone beds.

Well...you didn't think I'd finished did you? :D

10. shiney

shiney President, Grumpy Old Men's Club Staff Member

Retired - Last Century!!!
    Ratings:
    +122,429
    Great bargain Steve :thumb:

We all look forward to seeing the end result :)

11. strongylodon

strongylodon Old Member

Retired
    Ratings:
    +29,474
    You have certainly made a transformation Steve, the stone work looks good and everything else is coming along too.:thumb: I am envious of anyone who has a greenhouse (i'm sure you will have one soon).
    I have worked in one every day all my working life but never had my own.:(

12. borrowers

borrowers Gardener

Ratings:
    +48
    Steve, just caught up with the latest on here. thanks for sharing.

I can't believe how you keep doing things so quickly - just taken me 3 days, over 2 weeks, to paint 2 1/2 little trellis things:rolleyes:

Anne must be so proud of you and you're both just in time to start enjoying the flowers. Keep us posted. You are allowed to send photo's in without you doing anything in them you know:D

cheers

13. JWK

JWK Gardener Staff Member

Ratings:
    +48,957
    Steve, very interesting, I like your stone work its a labour of love.
    Keep us posted.

14. Anthony

Anthony Gardener

Ratings:
    +1
    Steve.

You've done a wonderful job on transforming your garden. The stone wall raised beds are to die for and with that much wood you're pergola has the potential to be massive.

Ant.

15. Steve R

Steve R Soil Furtler

Carer
    Ratings:
    +3,702

Thats what the rush has all been about and why I have worked so hard on it. I was trying to get it all done and planted asap mindfull that we wanted blooms this year, especially after last years drab garden.

Work on the pergola has been suspended this week due to the wet stuff...and lots of it too. I emptied 8 inches of rain from the wheelbarrow last night so I guesstimate we must have had at least four inches of rain this last couple of days.

Hopefully get back at it today...

Thanks for all the nice words everyone.