Cumbrian Garden Project

Discussion in 'Garden Projects and DIY' started by Steve R, May 8, 2008.

1. shiney

shiney President, Grumpy Old Men's Club Staff Member

Retired - Last Century!!!
    Ratings:
    +122,455
    Steve, It's going fantastically :gnthb: but you are soon going to run out of space. I don't think your neighbours over the wall would mind too much if you pinched a little bit of their space to grow things :hehe: :hehe: :flag:

2. Cookie Monster

Cookie Monster Gardener

Ratings:
    +6
    Steve - you are a true gardener - heart and soul!.. and achy body too probably by now ;)

So glad to see that your garden is starting to work for you now too!

Excellent use of space, productive and pretty - not an easy combo to achieve, but you have in spades!

PS I LOVE that jazzy tortoise!

3. Little Miss Road Rage

Little Miss Road Rage Gardener

Ratings:
    +1
    Wow it's all growing really well Steve and I like that u keep us up to date on all your doing. Keep up the good work

4. Steve R

Steve R Soil Furtler

Carer
    Ratings:
    +3,702
    I couldn't begin to explain how reading this comment today has made me feel, thank you so very much!

We are a team here, Anne and I both play our parts. Whilst Anne is disabled and wheelchair bound, she plants up all the pots and baskets and the fronts of the borders, I do all the rest but we discuss and decide everything together. If Anne was a little more mobile, she would beat me to the spade and fork every time!!

Steve...:)

5. youngdaisydee

youngdaisydee Gardener

Ratings:
    +5
    Youv'e come a Long way since last year Steve and doing a great job, your garden is Working for you now, All that home grown fruit and veg go's towards your five a day, Brilliant and rewarding too, I dont know what i done all day before i started gardening... Dee..

6. walnut

walnut Gardener

Ratings:
    +15
    All looking good Steve & Anne well done both of you.:gnthb:

7. cumberland

cumberland Gardener

Ratings:
    +5
    I have just come across this thread and I want to heartily congratulate you Steve and your wife Anne for a spectacular project.

The transformation and the amount of work that you have achieved from 2007 to now is truly inspiring indeed.

You have certainly got the gardening bug and I find the whole thread fascinating seeing how the garden has developed, enjoying the photos - keep them coming

regards

8. littleorme

littleorme Gardener

Ratings:
    +0
    What a joy, to read about your project...to see the transformation is beautiful ..well done to yourself and Ann...enjoy all those lovely fruit and vegetables...

9. lollipop

lollipop Gardener

Ratings:
    +24
    Congratulations Steve,

A taste of paradise-astonishing what you have done in such a short space in time.

10. Steve R

Steve R Soil Furtler

Carer
    Ratings:
    +3,702
    Many thanks Cumberland, littleone and Claire. We are very pleased with the gardens progress, especially now as things are coming into flower. Its still a huge learning curve, but we are learning and sites like this teach us much, mistakes teach us also.

11. weekend gardener

weekend gardener Gardener

Ratings:
    +1
    I have just come across your thread and i can't believe how you have transformed your garden, what amazing ideas you have had for it, i love everything about it, the wall the paving etc, what an inspiration you are to us all. No wonder you got all those lovely comments. You are so clever to have built everything. You deserve a medal for your hard work not forgetting anne too with all the planting she has done and working out what plants to put in and where, you must be very proud of her. Some people in wheelchairs don't do anything for themselves let alone garden, so well done anne. You must both be the talk of the neighbourhood.
    Could you please post some more pics of your garden as it looks now as the last thread was last year.

12. Steve R

Steve R Soil Furtler

Carer
    Ratings:
    +3,702
    Thank you very much, Anne also sends her thanks for your comments.

I'm finishing digging over a new bed tomorrow and then planting it. I went mad with the new greenhouse in this first year of its use and I still have around 40 plants or so to go in the ground. Once done I can tidy up a little and take a raft of photos sometime this week as I will be sitting back until the end of autumn before more major work starts.

Many thanks again!

13. Little Miss Road Rage

Little Miss Road Rage Gardener

Ratings:
    +1
    more major work??? what bit will u be transforming then?

14. shiney

shiney President, Grumpy Old Men's Club Staff Member

Retired - Last Century!!!
    Ratings:
    +122,455
    Steve, I'm not too sure I believe your 'sitting back until the end of autumn' comment :hehe:. I don't think you can sit still that long :rotfl:

15. Steve R

Steve R Soil Furtler

Carer
    Ratings:
    +3,702
    I've been "rumbled" :lollol:Probably not sit still then, just a little more relaxation, and only small jobs..:dh:

Steve...;)