Cutting Lawn Edges

Discussion in 'General Gardening Discussion' started by shiney, Mar 15, 2017.

1. shiney

shiney President, Grumpy Old Men's Club Staff Member

Retired - Last Century!!!
    Ratings:
    +123,162
    Our lawn edges have altered over the years as Mrs Shiney decides on adding or removing plants. I find it quite easy to keep them in shape without bending as we have clay soil. Mow right along the edge and long handled shears for the edges. The plants sometimes expand over the edges and I have to petition Mrs Shiney for plants to be cut back.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • LawnAndOrder

LawnAndOrder Gardener

Dilettante
      Ratings:
      +325
      Yes, I am not sure why, this dark brown strip of well cured earth, that razor’s edge, are among my favourite sights in the garden. Perhaps because they are such clear(cut) indications of love's labour's found.

I have now had these metal edges for three years and am happy to report that they have remained extremely stable, i.e. not sunk or raised themselves at all, despite regularly enduring the mower's weight, as well as vast variations in humidity and temperatures. I could not recommend them highly enough.

• Informative Informative x 1
        Last edited: Oct 17, 2024 at 3:36 PM