Decided it was time I did my Christmas cards ....

Discussion in 'Off-Topic Discussion' started by Daisies, Nov 23, 2008.

1. Scotkat

Scotkat Head Gardener

Retired
    Ratings:
    +827
    Good morning Daises sorry I am LOL but did bring a smile and I thought going up and down all the stairs each time ,then I thought wireless and you woudl not need to look for your cable:) but then you got exercise each time :).

I hand deliver a lot , cuts the postage used boys brigade stamps ,ecards and over the yrs list had went down.

And wait for it for yrs have kept and gave back my xmas card from my husband and him to me .

Last yr bought a new one and unknown to me he to me and wait for speak about solemates same pic and verse except wife and husband.

And I told my local card shop not buying as have kept cards.

Mine have been all written out two weeks ago one really wet day decided to go for it .

Then got bundles onfloor hand ,post,airmail, all sealed then ones still for letter to go in.

Half all stamped as been buying stamps in small amounts but yes when you count it up a lot of money on postage.

And you have to remember to watch size of cards for big stamp small small stamp.

Avery good idea making own cards helps to cut cost down .

Also calenders make own ,no not getting old I think we are all trying to come up with ways of saving money.

Check out Martin Lewis money saving expert.

2. Ivory

Ivory Gardener

Ratings:
    +2
    I send very few cards at all, it just is not very common in Italy. Cards only go together with presents usually. I like making my own cards anyway, both for presents and for sending. I have some other friends artistically inclined and it is great fun each year to see what they created and compare "inspirations". This is by far the most interesting aspectof the thing for me :)

Daisees, see the bright side,allthe workout, and without paying a gym :D