Does anyone recognise this Climbing Plant???

Discussion in 'Identification Area' started by lewinsm, Jun 11, 2008.

1. Ivory

Ivory Gardener

Ratings:
    +2
    Yeah, I guess age plays a part in everything... the problem is I am only 31 what will I be in 20 ys? Doesn't bear thinking about! LOL The funniest thing are:
    1) When I mix up english and my local dialect (not italian,but really my original local dialect,the language of grandpa)
    2) When I talk to my husband translating things for him from italian to english... and may be come across something that is already in english, but just out of routine I immediately start to translate from english to english. This really happens, no kidding. Help! :)

2. Marley Farley

Marley Farley Affable Admin! Staff Member

Grandmother Gardener Councillor Homemaker
    Ratings:
    +14,127
    :rolleyes:;):D Well maybe not age in your case then Ivory......!!!!:D:D Just a genuine language overload perhaps...!!!!! Life sounds fun in your household..!!:D:D

:thumb: Just read your blog, very interesting & loved the photos.. Have to get photos in.. Maybe some of the hap hazzard tree planting..??:D:D Happy blogging & gardening..!!:thumb::D

3. Ivory

Ivory Gardener

Ratings:
    +2
    Talking of the lonicera, I think it can be trained as it reaches the right length to be fixed in the place where you want it to go. Training a climber isusually an ongoing process.

I am not sure when to prune a lonicera since the only lonicera I ever had (in the old garden) was left unpruned (it was in a corner so difficult to reach that it was left to its own devices). Rule of thumb with pruning flowering plants is:
    1) if they bloom on the new, soft green growth developed in the same summer, you can prune them in spring with no loss of flowers.
    2) if the flower on the stiff and older growth from last year, or very close to it, you prune them just after flowering, so they make lots of new growt before winter, which will flower next year.

I think the lonicera would fall in the first group, but I amnot sure. Feep a look on what it does, and it will tell you what it wants. ;-)

4. Ivory

Ivory Gardener

Ratings:
    +2
    Posts overlapping! Yes, my household is fun. Long time ago my hubby said I was not his girlfriend but his favourite cartoon. Still true, I guess. ;-)

Thanks for visiting my (brand new) blog. More pics and entries will be posted, that is for sure!! :-)

5. Marley Farley

Marley Farley Affable Admin! Staff Member

Grandmother Gardener Councillor Homemaker
    Ratings:
    +14,127
    :thumb: Well as far as pruning goes I just keep mine in shape & don't let it wrassle further than it already does, all year after it has flowered..! Here is what the RHS says though
    :D So glad you have a happy if slightly nutty home life then..!! All adds to life's rich tapestry..!!!:D

6. lewinsm

lewinsm Apprentice Gardener

Ratings:
    +0
    Cheers for all your help!...really appreciate it!