Dog Fouling

Discussion in 'General Gardening Discussion' started by Captain Jon, Sep 15, 2008.

1. pete

pete Growing a bit of this and a bit of that....

Retired
    Ratings:
    +92,087
    Just as long as we get no nasty words, OK?

Or stars for that matter.:)

2. youngdaisydee

youngdaisydee Gardener

Ratings:
    +5
    [​IMG]

3. walnut

walnut Gardener

Ratings:
    +15
    Pete said
    there is a biodegradable plastic on the market and has been for some time,they already make poop bags out of it, you can also get them for putting your fruit and veg in at the supermarket
    http://www.thebincompany.com/biodegradable_plastic_bags.htm

4. Helofadigger

Helofadigger Gardener

Ratings:
    +1
    Most plastic supermarket bags are now biodegradable (I'm sure Morrisons are) ok it may take a year or so for them to 'rot' but they will in the end.

Regarding dog poop as we have a grass verge outside our house dog walkers tend to allow their dogs to 'drop their load' there and yes you have guessed it they don't collect it and take it home with them, I end up cleaning up after them I had to collect a runny lot just the other day imagine loads of kitchen roll and a hot kettle and you get the picture!

The local council has a call-line you can ring for one of their Street Pride people who will come and clean the poop up but I honestly don't think they would come and clean it up in time as I have asked for a dog fouling stencil to be sprayed on the path way outside our home and as yet nothing has happened.

It makes me wonder how it's not second nature to some people with dogs not to clean up after them I mean most of us wipe our bums (unless we are rich enough to employ someone else to do the dirty deed) and flush our 'stuff' away surely it's not that hard to clean up after you fur babies too.

I wonder how bad the gardens and houses of those that don't clean-up after their dogs might be, I shudder to think!:euw: Hel.xxx.

5. stony

stony Gardener

having a good time
    Ratings:
    +29
    Thats an awful thought. I wouldn't want to do it. Why don't you get rid of the dog?:cnfs:

6. stony

stony Gardener

having a good time
    Ratings:
    +29
    Why not spray something that dogs don't like on your grass verge, or perhaps scatter cheap pepper over it?

The irresponsible dog owners homes are usually clean, because they take their pets outside other peoples homes to poo.

7. lollipop

lollipop Gardener

Ratings:
    +24

I wonder what would happen if you were to DIY a stencil?

The council don`t care about individuals-you may get a passing nod when it comes to local election time from any would be MPs, but councillors are a rather rubbish lot. I personally know a councillor and a mayor-you are more likely to come across one at Haydock Race Track, and the other at Mason banquets than running things. That`s not me being cynical either.

8. Little Miss Road Rage

Little Miss Road Rage Gardener

Ratings:
    +1
    I have approached people and asked them to pick up their dog poop and one bloke said "I don't pick it u at home I don't see why I should do it here"!!!!!!!!

When I was little no one picked their dog poop up and us kids were ok.

When we pick up the poop and litter round our park we always find dirty nappies that have been left. Also the fenced off childrens area is always full of litter but we don't litter pick that area. And the parents leave the gates open so dogs and foxes can go in so they don't seem to care about it.

9. lollipop

lollipop Gardener

Ratings:
    +24
    Poo stinks, but it ain`t plutonium.

I have to say this

for crying out loud-there are worse things to be getting hot under the collar about

10. walnut

walnut Gardener

Ratings:
    +15
    If you know who it is scoop it wait until night time and drop it on their door step or post it, you could leave a note with saying their pooch dropped this so you thought you must return it if it was me I would also sign it.

11. takemore02withit

takemore02withit Gardener

Ratings:
    +40
    yeah, put it in a paper bag set fire to it, knock on the door and wait for them to stomp on it to put it out.:rotfl::rotfl::euw: 02

12. Little Miss Road Rage

Little Miss Road Rage Gardener

Ratings:
    +1
    :lollol::lollol::lollol::lollol::lollol::lollol::lollol:

13. pete

pete Growing a bit of this and a bit of that....

Retired
    Ratings:
    +92,087
    So, I think we all agree then:) it needs to be picked up.

Although stoney "getting rid of the dog" is not really a sensible idea, is it?
    It would then become someone elses problem, or are you suggesting I have the dog put down?

Rabbits make a lot of mess, cows are worse, sheep aint good, horses are bad and I'm afraid cats are the worst, dogs fit in there somewhere.

That how life is annoying aint it.:D:p

14. intermiplants

intermiplants Gardener

Ratings:
    +3
    talking about dogs

A guy is driving around the back woods of Georgia and he sees a sign in front of a broken down shanty-style house: 'Talking Dog for Sale '

He rings the bell and the owner appears and tells him the dog is in the backyard.

The guy goes into the back yard and sees a nice looking Beagle sitting there.

'You talk?' he asks.

'Yep,' the Beagle replies.

After the guy recovers from the shock of hearing a dog talk, he says 'So, what's your story?'

The Beagle looks up and says, 'Well, I discovered that I could talk when I was pretty young. I wanted to help the government, so I told the CIA and they had me sworn into the toughest branch of the armed services...the US Army Special Forces. You know the reputation of them Green Berets.'

In no time at all they had me jetting from country to country, sitting in rooms with spies and world leaders; because no one figure d a dog would be eavesdropping. I was one of their most valuable spies for eight years running, but the jetting around really tired me out, and I knew I wasn't getting any younger. S o, I decided to settle down.

I retired from the Army (8 dog years is 56 Corps years) and signed up for a job at the airport to do some undercover security, wandering near suspicious characters and listening in. I uncovered some incredible dealings and was awarded a batch of medals. I got married, had a mess of puppies, and now I'm just retired.'

The guy is amazed. He goes back in and asks the owner what he wants for the dog.

'Ten dollars,' the guy says.

'Ten dollars? This dog is amazing! Why on earth are you selling him so cheap?'

'Because he 's such a bull****ter. He never did any of that ****. He was in the Navy'
    :lollol::lollol::D

15. youngdaisydee

youngdaisydee Gardener

Ratings:
    +5