"easiest" plant growing and hardest challenge

Discussion in 'General Gardening Discussion' started by jw_universe, Apr 23, 2010.

1. Axie-Ali

Axie-Ali Gardener

Ratings:
    +1
    I'd probably manage to kill that aswell:D

2. mztrouble

mztrouble Gardener

Ratings:
    +0
    My easiest to grow has got to be my blueberry (tophat). It survives anything and ever year is filled with blossom and loads of fruit. It seems soooo hardy - fab! Although my hostas self seed all over the place and I spend half my life pulling up new ones! Ohhhh - I have the bamboo problem too - the lady behind us has it in her back garden and it keeps trying to come up in mine - grrrrrr - evil!

As for hardest, well, I'm still a beginner so I can kill most things! My hardest has been tomatoes. Every year I grow some little plants, look after them, plant them out in a variety of places (since they always die) and without fail they get some sort of disease and die! EVERY time! I can't understand it - this year I have given up with it altogether! I've also killed a climbing bluebell 2 years in a row :-( (But am pretty sure that was frost)