Evening Noise spoiling my Garden enjoyment

Discussion in 'General Gardening Discussion' started by leo99, Aug 9, 2008.

1. accidentalgardener

accidentalgardener Gardener

Ratings:
    +1
    :D thems dogs sure know how to stop a conversation don't they :eek:

2. lollipop

lollipop Gardener

Ratings:
    +24

Ahhh the joys of the general public.

Its funny isn`t it how one person doesn`t notice ,let alone mind, certain noises, whilst another seems to be a missing a few layers of live and let live skin! -I, for instance have no real problem with loud children, but can`t stand loud adults-they should know better. Loud swearing-it just irritates me beyond belief, but a big booming belly laugh always make me smile.

I don`t mind lawnmowers at anytime of the day-infact I find it quite relaxing, but circular saws are awful.

Yapping dogs deserve hosing down but birds can twitter away as loud and as long as they want-I just wish I lived near somewhere that had peacocks.

Someone hoovering next door is hypnotising whilst next doors washing machine drives me nuts.

Its a mad world.

3. takemore02withit

takemore02withit Gardener

Ratings:
    +40
    When i'm at home lawn mowers dont really bother me. But when we go to the caravan and people start mowing around their caravan, now that winds me up,:mad: because the site is mowed on a regular basis, but it just dosn't seem good enough for some people. I go away for peace and quiet, God knows what they go away for. 02

4. Little Miss Road Rage

Little Miss Road Rage Gardener

Ratings:
    +1
    The boy racers with the big exhausts make me laugh cause most of them have decreased their horse power. I actually like hearing certain engines. There's nothing quite like the burbling of a V8 and I quite like the sound of the flat 4 scooby engine. When I had a noisy exhaust I used to keep on low revs when pulling into my street and drive.

I hate screaming kids. I don't mind them playing but when all they do is scream I could strangle them. Especially when they're still out in the garden when I'm going to bed! My neighbours were good but on one side they've moved out and rented the house out to a Polish family and he doesn't stop working in the garden even late at night. Then they get up early and bang round in the garden. Bring on the winter. Nice and quiet then lol

5. walnut

walnut Gardener

Ratings:
    +15
    Loud children usually turn into loud adults, all children should have a volume control device implanted at birth and operated remotely then when they start acting up just press the remote and silence them.

6. accidentalgardener

accidentalgardener Gardener

Ratings:
    +1
    couldn't agree more Walnut :) maybe a tayzer or something would be useful, it has done my lad the world of good :rofl:

7. crofthouse

crofthouse Gardener

Ratings:
    +0
    Totally with you on the 'boy racers'.
    We fairly recently moved to a lovely rural location - no neighbours (except cows and sheep!), protected land all round with no hope of building. Most of the time its lovely and peaceful, but there are three local youths who are intent on driving theirsouped up GTis round the bend by our house at top sped with maximum exhaust noise - and at considerable danger to me and the dogs on our early morning walks! I have to admit we were quite delighted when one of them recently wrote off his car (six months after passing his test) - after aqua-plaining round the next bend up the road, and got banned for driving for 3 years. Now there's just the two of them, and, thankfully, mostly just twice a day as they go to and from work.

Anthony

8. tweaky

tweaky Gardener

Ratings:
    +3
    I have to agree with Init sister regarding people on shift work, it must be so annoying...but I don't think anything can be done about that.

As a gigging muscian, I used to get home about 03-00 to 04-00 of a morning and then need to sleep just as everyone else in the world was getting up.

The joys of existing in a different world eh!!!! Cause that's how it seemed at times.:thumb:

9. chobart

chobart Gardener

Ratings:
    +0
    Should I shoot the green parakeets that sit in the trees at the back screeching away - should the local pub stop it's music nights? Why not close Heathrow altogether ?

Glad to say 'live and let live' - many of us 'older ones' have seen and heard it all and I'm afraid that the noises are not going to go away (Boots sells some good earplugs - or so I've heard!)

10. tweaky

tweaky Gardener

Ratings:
    +3
    All airports should be closed.:rolleyes:

11. walnut

walnut Gardener

Ratings:
    +15
    totally agree tweaks.

12. Shobhna

Shobhna Gardener

Ratings:
    +8
    :D:D:D

13. Shobhna

Shobhna Gardener

Ratings:
    +8
    Himself, when on lates and nights tries his best to be civil with a few hours of sleep. Normally struggles a bit during school holidays though.

I keep telling Himself that it is his age and that he needs to learn to be a deep sleeper and then he won't be disturbed by any noises during the day.

14. Helofadigger

Helofadigger Gardener

Ratings:
    +1
    After our couple of days away playing catch-up with the washing etc. (as you do) when it came to chill out time I endured 2 or 3 hours of loud screaming from next door, now it's not because the lass had been smacked or anything she's just a little madam like her mum and believe or not likes nothing better than to scream at the top of her voice for hours on end she's even training her little 2 year old brother to do the same!:eek:

Bob was feeling really poorly and couldn't rest at all so I flipped and shouted at the top of my voice 'Will you bl**dy well shut up (and her name)' now bl**dy is maybe a little harsh but the 9 year old has a very dirty month like her mum and says things no child should even know never mind say!

Needless to say she did indeed shut up. But if it carries on again like last time I'm going back to the council and complaining yet again after all if one lovingly attends a garden one hopes to reap the rewards of enjoying it when one can.

I'm not a born moaner (honest I'm not) as you all may know it only takes one bad family to bring down the whole estate and our little corner of the cul-d-sac is ruined by this family we and many others are no longer suffering in silence! Hel.xxx.

15. lollipop

lollipop Gardener

Ratings:
    +24

Hear hear