Evening Noise spoiling my Garden enjoyment

Discussion in 'General Gardening Discussion' started by leo99, Aug 9, 2008.

1. Little Miss Road Rage

Little Miss Road Rage Gardener

Ratings:
    +1

Yeah I bet u ain't got a loud exhaust on your scoob or a loud BOV. I love the BOV sound :)

2. shiney

shiney President, Grumpy Old Men's Club Staff Member

Retired - Last Century!!!
    Ratings:
    +122,466
    LMRR, you obviously haven't heard Bananaman's Scooby ;). At least he can't creep up on you :D :D :D

3. Banana Man

Banana Man You're Growing On Me ...

SuperHero...
    Ratings:
    +407
    No BOV at all:D, been deleted to improve in gear acceleration so you get a flutter instead which sounds good. If you want loud then I will have to youtube the antilag for you;) Not to mention the flames on gear change :p

All MOT taxed tested and passed, road legal and declared to my local insurance company:p:p:p

Now onto the subject of people that own petrol mowers and spend an hour or two mowing their postage stamp to within an inch of its life on a Sunday morning, a day of rest you godless heathens !!!!!!!!!!!

4. lollipop

lollipop Gardener

Ratings:
    +24

Just because you`re funny..............:D:D:D

5. plantlife

plantlife Gardener

Ratings:
    +0
    Strange, I have a road on the other side of my house and a racetrack a few miles down the road but I have been pretty lucky maybe, I live up a hill so maybe the sounds don't reach me. I sometimes hear the racetrack in the late evening after the sun has gone in but it doesnt bother me too much.

6. Banana Man

Banana Man You're Growing On Me ...

SuperHero...
    Ratings:
    +407
    Depends what you are used to I guess. I have always lived in a quiet village and when I spent 3 years at Portsmouth I couldn't stand all the noise. I lived in a street mainly owned by asian families and it was pretty poor in terms of peoples incomes and standards of living. It seemed to be custom to stand at one end of the street and shout to your neighbour at the end of the row regardless of time of day ( about 25 houses!) as did cleaning kitchen mess on to the street and leaving it in the road, but thats another matter:rolleyes:

The sound of chainsaws and lawnmowers crack me up as do electric mowers than go on and off, just keep mowing FFS or raise your blade :mad:

'Boy Racers' make me laugh tbh, its just young people expressing themselves. The noise isn't the problem for me infact a properly modified car with power to match the sound is a serious turn on:eek::D What is the problem is that the noise is alerting others to unlawful and possibly dangerous behaviour, which does need to be addressed. The two however do not go hand in hand (just as all asians do not shout from one end of their street to another !). It's the point at which people make this assumption and form prejudices that I will always have a problem with.:)

I have experienced lots of preconceptions in my short life and there is no-one so funny as the person that is bowled over at how friendly you are after making the assumption that this stubbly skinhead walking towards them is going to murder them.:rolleyes::p

Even funnier is when I pick my mum up from church in the quiet scoob (she is a vicar:eek:) and I get rudely asked to leave the 'private carpark'. 'Do you know who I am ?, you'll kick yourself when you know who I am here to collect ' Priceless.:o

As far as nuisances are concerned I always take the view that I probably annoy as many people as annoy me so I reckon it all levels out somehow.:thumb:

7. JWK

JWK Gardener Staff Member

Ratings:
    +48,991
    Made me laugh! :)

8. Tiarella

Tiarella Optimistic Gardener

Ratings:
    +120
    One of the reasons we moved from Surrey was because of noise pollution, and I'm talking helicopters, planes, sirens of police, ambulance and fire engines. It drowned out the birdsong or the sound of the wind through the trees.

Now, in the wilds of Romney Marsh, all we hear is birdsong, the wind in the trees and the sound of the sea. It's heavenly bliss. I really don't mind hearing lawnmowers etc. in this environment, because it's only brief anyway.

9. plantlife

plantlife Gardener

Ratings:
    +0
    I actually quite like hearing a lawnmover off in the distance on a summers day, adds to the atmosphere :D

10. shiney

shiney President, Grumpy Old Men's Club Staff Member

Retired - Last Century!!!
    Ratings:
    +122,466

It's quiet down on Romney Marsh because the smugglers and ghosts don't make much noise. ;) ;) :D :D :D.

BM, did your mum know Dr Syn the vicar of Dymchurch on Romney Marsh? :thumb: :D ;)

11. Little Miss Road Rage

Little Miss Road Rage Gardener

Ratings:
    +1

I'm with u on that one :thumb:

That is sooooo funny would love to be a passenger in your car when u pick your mum up :D

12. hmallett

hmallett Gardener

Ratings:
    +0
    That's my candidate for post of the month! :p
    We're very luck here that despite being in a village with a A road through it, on a relatively new estate, it's very quiet. However there are some yappy dogs somewhere that are very annoying. It's nice to be out in the garden with just the sound of the birds and sheep in the evening :thumb:

13. walnut

walnut Gardener

Ratings:
    +15
    So I suppose all of you noisesters are not interested in a ride on my tandem too quite for you.:rolleyes:

14. lollipop

lollipop Gardener

Ratings:
    +24

Far too quiet i should imagine. But I do understand the allure, when I had a V8 engine I loved the noise, especially when you started it up.

All the mods in the world won`t make a lesser quality vehicle feel the same or sound the same. Once you have had one of those the rest are just pretenders. A bit like Cheryl Cole aping Tina Turner. Not quite there.

But having said that, any time you are passing by I`ll cadge a ride. Never been on a tandem.

15. takemore02withit

takemore02withit Gardener

Ratings:
    +40
    I'll have a go on your tandem Nutty, go on giz us a go !!!:D 02