Evergreen Trees

Discussion in 'Trees' started by cherryredcutie, Sep 3, 2007.

1. whis4ey

whis4ey Head Gardener

Retired
    Ratings:
    +803
    I doubt very much if Leylandii was bred for being bashed because it was planted into someones garden in quite the wrong place
    It develops into (and all too quickly) a major tree which is quite (and totally) out of place in anybody's suburban garden
    You will find that the species is actually named in many planning approvals as being banned and unsuitable for planting in certain environments
    It has also been the subject of quite a number of legal actions in the Courts regarding its suitability in those environments
    Anyone planning to plant this type of tree should be aware of the implications and their legal responsibilities regarding it

2. anora

anora Apprentice Gardener

Ratings:
    +0
    There is something wrong with the roots...
    or check the sand of your this tree...

3. Sheal

Sheal Total Gardener

Ratings:
    +53,913
    I have just brought my old thread back called Leylandii Thug for you to peruse. It's in general gardening discussion.

I add again I wouldn't plant leylandii within forty foot of any building. Root damage can be horrific! :)

4. Freebird11

Freebird11 Apprentice Gardener

Ratings:
    +0
    I want to tell something about Evergreen Trees: Evergreens are grouped on the basis of their branch arrangement. Pines, spruces, and firs have whorled branches that form a circular pattern around the growing tip. The annual growth of a whorl- branched conifer is determined by the number of shoots that are pre-formed in the buds. Whorl-branched conifers usually have only one flush of growth each year in which these pre-formed shoots expand into stems that form the next whorl.

5. TreeTreeTree

TreeTreeTree I know sh!t about trees

Ratings:
    +247

Straaaaange... :scratch:

6. daitheplant

daitheplant Total Gardener

Retired
    Ratings:
    +2,881

Good evening Freebird and welcome to the site.:dbgrtmb:. How do you explain the Evergreen Oak then? Quercus Ilex aka Holm Oak?:thumbsup: