Feeding houseplants in winter

Discussion in 'Tropical Gardening' started by Fat Controller, Nov 27, 2012.

1. Kristen

Kristen Under gardener

Ratings:
    +12,668
    ... unless they are Brugs :)

• Like Like x 2
    • landimad

landimad Odd man rather than Land man

Retired Rail worker
      Ratings:
      +915
      I would do this , but the weight of them at the moment is about 40kg dry and a lot more when wet. I have thought about a sack truck to manoeuvre them inside and out when the weather changes. The pots are not that heavy, just the size of the plants which have done really well if left to their own devices.
      As always when you get older the plants that do well are left to grow and those we do not favour are replaced. The one in the greenhouse is now in its 20th year and has been trimmed to fit the location. It was a lot bigger before we said we had to reduce the overall size and shape to fit.
      The smaller ones weigh in about 18kg and 23kg, the smaller is going to my daughters and the bigger one has to reside in the living room for now. I think its about time to sell or give them away as they will become to large to manage.

• Like Like x 1
      • Jenny namaste

Jenny namaste Total Gardener

retired- blissfully retired......
        Ratings:
        +31,837
        Took my camera in to work yesterday and got a piccie of the 3 plants on the windowsill, including the Tradascanthia. All fed on weak Orchid food once a week throughout the year. And a picture of the wonderful Christmas lights 30 Nov 2012 001.JPG Christmas lights 30 Nov 2012 003.JPG view from this 4th floor window out to sea about half a mile away.

• Like Like x 2
        • miraflores

miraflores Total Gardener

Ratings:
          +2,389
          tradescantia is a plant which rewards you with impressive foliage even if cared for very little, same for the crassula ovata-if I have recognized correctly- next to it on the picture...

• Jenny namaste

Jenny namaste Total Gardener

retired- blissfully retired......
          Ratings:
          +31,837
          yep,the good old Money plant. Helps to ensure lots of good people play the weekly Hospice Lottery,