Fighting camera software

Discussion in 'Photography Talk' started by rosa, Jun 17, 2007.

1. Sunshine P

Sunshine P Gardener

Ratings:
    +0
    Rosa I have the same problem with mine i have five fighting over each other dont know why, adobe, removable disc, genetic, webshots and something else i dont know what it is at the mo i just click everything off and use adobe cos at least i know where my pics are, used something else by mistake and i am still trying to find my pics they are there somewhere but havent been able to find them yet and that was over 2 months ago :eek: :mad: so annoying cos liked the pics i took maybe one day i will come across them, hopefully anyway

2. Dorsetmike

Dorsetmike Gardener

Ratings:
    +0
    Picasa, a free download from Google, will search all drives on your machine and display thumbnails of them for you to scroll through. When you plug in your camera or card it will u-load them to your hard drive.
    It also has some basic processing facilities including the best tool I've yet seen for straightening horizons or verticals.

3. rosa

rosa Gardener

Ratings:
    +14
    thought i would let you know since i got rid of fuji software things have calmed down and my pics upload through sony software and trust card reader

4. Johnny

Johnny Gardener

Ratings:
    +0
    I use Picasa only as it really does do the job. If you click on Picture, Batch Edit, I'm Feeling Lucky you will end up with your pictures in the best possible condition.

5. Sunshine P

Sunshine P Gardener

Ratings:
    +0
    Hey Rosa I have downloaded the Picasa it is brilliant now i know where all my pics are and the things you can do with them is amazing, the only thing i would like to know guys is how do i get pics from other places i clicked the wrong box so only got them from my pictures, i have some more all over the place but dont know how to get them on Picasa do i download again or do it some other way

6. PeterS

PeterS Total Gardener

Retired
    Ratings:
    +4,015
    I have just come to this with interest, as I wish to get a new camera but I am still using Windows 98 (its about the last version of Windows that does not spy on you). However I think software for new cameras will not work with Windows 98. So I have just ordered a card reader from DorsetMike's link (thanks Mike), which I hope will solve my problems.

I have never used the old camera software for anything other than uploading the pictures. I use Irfanview http://www.irfanview.com/ for looking at pictures, printing, manipulating etc, which I find to be very good. And its free. I don't know Picasa - does anyone know how it compares with Irfanview?

7. Larkshall

Larkshall Gardener

Ratings:
    +14
    A card reader plugged into a USB socket should not need any files uploaded, the disc supplied is usually for old machines running Windows 98SE, all later versions read the card reader as a disc drive. Plug it into the USB then insert the card and it should read it. USB ports are standard in the BIOS on all computers after Windows 98 was replaced. Those running 98 are a bit iffy, check the BIOS.

8. Daisies

Daisies Total Gardener

Ratings:
    +2,686
    absolutely! Never used anything but card reader which I opened either through windows explorer or my own personal favourite photo stuff, PhotoDeLux. I know it's old but it suits me and so why change it.

BTW - anyone got any recommendations for a good video editor? (as in on a dvd!!)

9. PeterS

PeterS Total Gardener

Retired
    Ratings:
    +4,015
    Thanks Larkshall and Daisees - My USB 2.0 works fine with other things - so I am hoping there will be no problem with a card reader.

10. Bettyboop1948 Loves Plant's

Bettyboop1948 Loves Plant's Gardener

Ratings:
    +0
    Rosa why not disable the one you don't want
    to use that's the easy way and then the one you want to use will pop up for you,Then they both won't be coming up at same time just disable one and use the other.

11. NewbieGreen

NewbieGreen Gardener

Ratings:
    +0
    Picasa is awesome software. It can also control your scanner, from the import pictures aswell as from your camera SD cards.