Fireworks.

Discussion in 'The Muppet Show' started by Rustler, Oct 30, 2015.

1. ARMANDII

ARMANDII Low Flying Administrator Staff Member

Ratings:
    +100,838
    upload_2015-11-5_23-7-54.jpeg

• Funny Funny x 1
    • Rustler

Rustler Super Gardener

Retired (Early)
      Ratings:
      +1,217
      Another night of hell and the Diesel dog was going mad indoors. He's always better outside with them going off so I headed to the local shop, bought 2 cans of lager and headed to the common where he couldn't disturb anybody. Sitting there on a bench in the middle of world war 3, he was much better as he had his ball, his space and I had a drink. He he.

It nearly caused a bust up with the missus because of his distress as he was winding her up. Hence my visit to the common and then stopped off at a mate for a chat and coffee. I expect another barrage tomorrow as we are heading back home to SE London and will no doubt get another load of fireworks tomorrow. Seriously hating the things now.

• Like Like x 2
      • HarryS

HarryS Eternally Optimistic Gardener

Retired
        Ratings:
        +16,248
        Well I am going to be the damp squib on this one . Since they put the new regulations in a few years ago , we only have a smidgeon of fireworks / Air Bombs going off the week before bommy night. Usually it was a month of the blitz!
        These days though all firework display and sales should be regulated. And kept away from the staffs owning ( No offence to Staffordshire owners ) , bubble jacket , knuckle dragging , Stella swigging , 18" collar 2" brain , brigade :biggrin:
        P.S. : Luckily Molly our cocker is chilled with fireworks. Hope all you with frightened dogs and cats nurse them through it , bless them.:doggieshmooze:

• Friendly Friendly x 1
          Last edited: Nov 6, 2015
        • Jiffy

Jiffy The Match is on Fire

Pyro
          Ratings:
          +32,985
          No displays at all in the area :) there used to be about 5 but all closed down, don't think i've seen a firework or heard any going off at all this year

• Fern4

Fern4 Total Gardener

The gardener of the house!
          Ratings:
          +7,491
          I was pleasantly surprised as everything was over with by 9.30pm last night. It won't be the same over the weekend though. The local pub has a fairly large car park and usually sets them off there on Saturday/Sunday at all hours. :mad: It's 8.20am and I've just heard a few more going off. Most probably local kids :mad:

• lykewakewalker

lykewakewalker Apprentice Gardener

Retired
          Ratings:
          +710
          Sounds like a canny landlord, he gets people to bring fireworks to his display and then presumably sells them drinks and no doubt food. Is he charging admission as well?
          It is disgusting though that fireworks can be "let off" in unsociable hours, a possible public order offence perhaps?
          As for the comments to you about "supporting the village", you always find that those who do the least shout the most, the rest just get on and do what is required. Keep up the good work and ignore the bigots.

• Like Like x 1
          • Agree Agree x 1
          • Jimcub

Jimcub Gardener

Retired
            Ratings:
            +614
            Drove past local Catholic Church last night, there was a huge bonfire on the front lawn.

• Informative Informative x 1
            • pamsdish

pamsdish Total Gardener

Retired
              "Black Country Wench" in Margam,Port Talbot,Wales
              Ratings:
              +4,445
              Started about 6 pm, went on till nearly 9-30 pm, decided it was safe to go out after 10, she did everything needed on the move, in so much distress, as I walked back in gate a car pulled up next to field, thought it was someone with a dog doing same as me, walking down side of bungalow a rocket went up, dog screamed and banged up the door to get in. I let her through the door and bounced back out, youths thinking they going to have a late display, I screamed at them in language I wouldn`t write down, told them calling police, went back in and grabbed phone and mobile, by then they were in their car, turned their lights off and started to drive away, took a blurry picture on mobile of their car, which they would have seen flash, and holding house phone to ear as if making a call, I know it was futile and pathetic of me but I just couldn`t take anymore, at least it moved them on as a few minute later rockets going up further away.

• Like Like x 1
              • Beckie76

Beckie76 Total Gardener

Ratings:
                +8,435
                @pamsdish I hope you've scared them off & they don't return. :paladin:

• Apple Blossom

Apple Blossom Total Gardener

Ratings:
                +3,028
                I had a drive up North and stayed at the farm for a couple of days and glad to say that we have no problems with fireworks however I had to take a trip into Chester to visit my father-in-law and decided to stay for the night... this was Wednesday.

I arrived and parked my car and it was only about 5.30pm and just as I was getting Tess out of the back of the car some idiots set off 3 bangers and a rocket and then run around screaming....

Tess bolted out of the car and was absolutely distraught, I hadn't quiet got her lead around her neck and I was fearful that she may run into the road alas I managed to get hold of her and put on her lead... and then another two bangers were set off and more screaming and laughing....
                Tess bolted under the car, panting and shaking.... once I had encouraged her to come out she then bolted to my father-in-laws door pulling me along with her at full bolt.. she's such a strong dog it took me all my time to keep hold of her. Once inside and in the soothing hands of my father-in-law I went out in somewhat of a temper to find that the culprits setting off the fireworks... I was so shocked as they could not have been more than 12-14 years old... I went bonkers with them and to be honest the language that came back was astounding... gutter language... Fireworks cannot be sold to under 18 year olds so I blame the parents.

• Agree Agree x 1
                • Friendly Friendly x 1
                • Dips

Dips Total Gardener

Ratings:
                  +3,631
                  We have been having fireworks here for two weeks now. My cats are completely unfussed by them but i still keep them in until 11ish. Altho to be honest they get more distressed about being kept in than they do about the fireworks so the next few nights are going to be fun

• pamsdish

pamsdish Total Gardener

Retired
                  "Black Country Wench" in Margam,Port Talbot,Wales
                  Ratings:
                  +4,445
                  Tonights barrage just starting, despite heavy rain.

• clueless1

clueless1 member... yep, that's what I am:)

Ratings:
                  +19,596
                  Excellent rage:)

Sent from my HTC Desire 610 using Tapatalk

• Like Like x 1
                  • ARMANDII

ARMANDII Low Flying Administrator Staff Member

Ratings:
                    +100,838
                    Well, some shopkeepers still don't recognise any restrictions for the sake of a quick buck and will sell ciggies and booze to underage kids.....so it's not always the parents.:coffee::snork:

• Agree Agree x 3
                    • Rustler

Rustler Super Gardener

Retired (Early)
                      Ratings:
                      +1,217
                      Here we go again! Dogs going wild. Won't even stay outside. Quick wee and bolts back through front door. Hope it pours down for the next few hours. GRRR!

• Agree Agree x 1