For the Scumbags

Discussion in 'Hook, Line and Sinker' started by Phil A, Jul 31, 2011.

1. ClaraLou

ClaraLou Total Gardener

Ratings:
    +2,730

The practice of scooping your pooches' poop, bagging it and then slinging it/hanging it on trees and hedges seems to be widespread. Me no understand. Is it some kind of new-age ritual? Or is there a particular sort of dog owner who has had his/her brain removed? Unfortunately I keep finding fragrant votive offerings in my hedge.

Here's a story about some brainy campers who decided to barbeque under canvas:-

Barbecue fumes poison five campers - Yahoo!

2. Phil A

Phil A Guest

Ratings:
    +0
    Unbelievable, didn't they hear about the death from the same thing a few weeks back:DOH:

3. ClaraLou

ClaraLou Total Gardener

Ratings:
    +2,730

One has to ask ... why? The mind boggles.

4. Phil A

Phil A Guest

Ratings:
    +0
  5. Scrungee

Scrungee Well known for it

Ratings:
    +28,997
    • Like Like x 3
    • Trunky

Trunky ...who nose about gardening

Professional Gardener (retired)
      Ratings:
      +10,740
    • HYDROGEN86

HYDROGEN86 Head Gardener

Ratings:
      +883
      Was walking round delamere a while ago and everywhere you go there are bags of dog muck in trees. They obviously appreciate It's a gorgeous area (by going) and they know dog muck is gross (they buy the bags) but then hang them in trees :scratch: ....which is worste than not using a bag at all!
      It really is a shame that there is no practical way of keeping people like that away from areas like that. They should have there pets taken off them if caught.

• Phil A

Phil A Guest

Ratings:
      +0
      Oh, No, he's absolutely right in that aspect, Ilfracombe is a dump. We've stayed there while working away off season.

When the tourists have gone the locals entertain themselves by getting drunk & fighting. John & I were in one of the pubs one night when 9 police burst in & dragged a bloke out, they took 4 guns & a load of knives off him, meanwhile, everyone else in the pub rushed out the back door before the old bill got them too.

The locals fish the harbour & just leave all their litter there. The town is littered with empty beer cans & needles.

The commercial fishing bit of the harbour has boxes of the filleted discards of fish humming in the sun, covered in flies, waiting , so i'm told to be turned into pet food. Although I doubt that even a starving cat would be interested.

He has got a point, its like the wild west.

• shiney

shiney President, Grumpy Old Men's Club Staff Member

Retired - Last Century!!!
      Ratings:
      +122,466

Ziggy, you've made it sound idyllic :rolleyespink:. You should work for their tourist board :heehee: :loll:

The last time I stayed there is was very nice and we had a lovely holiday - but that was in 1968! :D

• Phil A

Phil A Guest

Ratings:
      +0
      There is free parking in the winter months.

Whilst fishing there, I was pelted with rocks and eggs by a group of about 20 kids who were boasting that is was no good using my mobile to phone the cops as they had outrun them 3 times that evening.

When I told them they'd wish I was phoning the cops, their tone changed a bit. They started running when 2 of my mates came charging round the corner:D

• ClaraLou

ClaraLou Total Gardener

Ratings:
      +2,730
      Ilfracombe

Twinned with The Bronx​

• Like Like x 1
      • Phil A

Phil A Guest

Ratings:
        +0
        Been to Glastonbury again have we:fingerdrum:

• Sheal

Sheal Total Gardener

Ratings:
        +53,893
        I was in Ilfracombe in the 80's with my young family, a lovely place then. I was also back there this year with my other half. Never again, it's a pit and that's being generous!

• Scrungee

Scrungee Well known for it

Ratings:
        +28,997
        They obviously need some signage, and something better than at Porlock Weird, where they chuck stones at the harbour, the boats and then at the signs themselves (the others are all stone damaged):

[​IMG]