Foxes getting more confident

Discussion in 'Wildlife Corner' started by clueless1, Jun 1, 2011.

1. clueless1

clueless1 member... yep, that's what I am:)

Ratings:
    +19,596
    The rabbits on my land completely ignored my potatoes, Foxglove and Daffodils.

Absolutely everything else is fair game. Rabbit proof fencing plus tree protectors (where appropriate) seems to be the only partially effective solution.

2. Sheal

Sheal Total Gardener

Ratings:
    +53,889
    Wild rabbits used to come into the garden at my last house. I got up one morning to find all my pots of beautifully flowering petunias chewed down to the stumps. The only thing they didn't touch in my garden were daffodils and lupins.

3. randkell

randkell Apprentice Gardener

Ratings:
    +0
    re the rabbits - have been digging up bindwood and thistles, maybe I'd better keep them! I had noticed that they leave the daffs alone but of course they have long finished. Foxgloves are looking good though, haven't got any lupins so I'll try those. Like you Sheal I have lost any number of flowers in pots (even tall pots don't deter them, think they stand up on the edges) the latest- all the salvias, geraniums, antirrhinums and even the busy lizzies - all chewed to destruction. Afraid rabbit proof fencing not practical for us, cost prohibitive, our garden large-ish, in the country with fields/farms around, drive (without gates) opens onto lane. All very beautiful - except for the rabbits!!! Hey ho. thanks for suggestions. Have managed to protect the roses with wire around them and they seem to be leaving the day lilies alone. will certainly try the lupins.
    Thank you.