Free phone calls anyone ???

Discussion in 'Off-Topic Discussion' started by Webmaster, Jan 1, 2006.

1. Victoria

Victoria Lover of Exotic Flora

Lady of Leisure
    Ratings:
    +55,156
    100% behind you on that one, Nathan .. we're on Skype. We have friends and relatives in the UK, the States, Africa and Australia and, if they're on Skype, we pay nothing to speak to each other.

However, must say would not attempt a non-broadband connection.

Also, you can call people not on Skype for an average of about 2c (1.5p) per minute, pre-paid, but we've found the connection not-quite crystal clear.

I'd tell anyone to go for it .... :D

2. Webmaster

Webmaster Webmaster Staff Member

Ratings:
    +2,955
  3. miraflores

miraflores Total Gardener

Ratings:
    +2,389
    I have just started using skype and I can see myself getting addicted in the near future...

4. Hyla arborea

Hyla arborea Gardener

Ratings:
    +1
    My son gave me a Skype mobile last Christmas - you can use it in most airports where there's a wi-fi net! In fact anywhere where there's a hotspot. [​IMG]

I thought it would be good for keeping up with the tribe in the UK, - but only one of them has Skype so far!!! [​IMG]

Several friends have, though - and I LOVE that feeling of putting one over the telephone companies after years of mega-expensive calls.... :D :D

5. Victoria

Lady of Leisure
    Ratings:
    +55,156
    I have to say here, miraflores and I spoke today via Skype and it is so nice to hear a voice of someone you "speak" to on GC.

To me, miraflores doesn't sound anything like I thought she would but but is such wonderful, bubbly person to chat to. I probably didn't sound like she thought I would.

Oh, no, Hy ... does that mean ..... ???????

6. Gogs

Gogs Gardener

Ratings:
    +342
    I use the mic. occasionally can be fun ..cheaper to speak with family members than landline !!

7. miraflores

Ratings:
    +2,389
    I am glad you enjoyed the call LoL, and I will be very pleased to talk to you again.
    I did not imagine anything about how you were supposed to sound, but I am certainly familiar with your "style"...

8. Waco

Waco Gardener

Ratings:
    +3
    I have a friend in USA wants to chat via this method and actually an American friend phones home for nothing using a prefix number. the thing is about email is so non invasive, you chat / reply at convinient times to both partners. the other thing is - well me on a phone, I would certainly get no gardening done as I would be waffing on forever!

9. Victoria

Lady of Leisure
    Ratings:
    +55,156
    It was lovely, miraflores, and I certainly enjoyed speaking to you and us getting to know each other ... look forward to next "chat" ... [​IMG]

Waco, my little one, you must get onto this so we can speak and both of us could "waffle" for a while or forever! [​IMG]

10. miraflores

Ratings:
    +2,389
    don't forget that up to ten people can participate to the phone call at the same time...Imagine if half of them were Italian, that would be a right mess...

11. walnut

walnut Gardener

Ratings:
    +15
    Just imagine ten hens off this site on the phone all at the same time in english never mind italian skype would go into overload. :D [​IMG]

12. Webmaster

Webmaster Webmaster Staff Member

Ratings:
    +2,955