FUMING!!!!!

Discussion in 'General Gardening Discussion' started by Totalbeginner!, Mar 19, 2009.

1. clueless1

clueless1 member... yep, that's what I am:)

Ratings:
    +19,596
    Maybe, but at the same time if it was me, I wouldn't want them to think that in the safety of their little group they could walk all over me, and take advantage of me. I'd fight them (through legal means).

To turn the situation around to a different angle, consider this. Imagine if you bought a used car, took it home, spent all day giving it a good scrub, t-cut and wax, then the garage phones you to say they've made a mistake, and you have to bring the car back so they can give you another one that isn't as nice. Would you just take it on the chin?

2. JWK

JWK Gardener Staff Member

Ratings:
    +48,992
    I see your point clueless, but you're comparing a money making business with a group of volunteers who are doing the best they can with limited resources. Maybe the volunteers aren't that well organised so voicing your disatisfaction is well worthwhile so they can get it right next time and not just walk all over you.

Another view is to see this a challenge - and volunteer to help on the committee to improve things for everyone's benefit. :gnthb:

3. clueless1

Ratings:
    +19,596
    I see your point too. If it was me, I wouldn't actually go as far as submitting a claim through the small claims procedure, but I would do everything up to that point just to scare them into making the effort to get it right next time.

I would right to them on the date that I'd previously said I was going to log the claim, to tell them something along the lines that on this occassion I've decided it is in nobody's interest to proceed with legal action, however if I suffer any further loss in future as a direct result of their negligence I will not hesitate to use legal means to recover my losses.

Give them a good scare, and they may well be prompted to sort out their systems and processes to ensure that it doesn't happen again.

4. wiseowl

wiseowl Amiable Admin Staff Member

Philosophy of people
    Ratings:
    +91,667
    Hi Everyone I can see every ones Point of view and they are all correct
    and all good points,in the end I suppose it all boils down to the fact that we are all different character,s with different Perceptions and solutions:thumb::) But I would still (after doing all that work) proceed to get some satisfaction,but that's just the way I am and is not a reflection on anyone else:flag::hehe:

5. Kandy

Kandy Will be glad to see the sun again soon.....

Head gardener
    Ratings:
    +6,543
  6. shiney

shiney President, Grumpy Old Men's Club Staff Member

Retired - Last Century!!!
    Ratings:
    +122,466
    Totalbeginner, as with most of the others, I don't think you really want to take it to court but you want to let them know how upset you are over their stupid mistake. I still don't quite understand who these 'girls in the office' are. Surely the allotment committee don't have an office :scratch:

I would be interested to know what sort of paperwork you received about the plot and whether that was definitely the plot they mention. Also, whether it came from the landowner or committee, who allocated the plot to you?

We can still draft a letter to them explaining that you are upset about all the wasted hard work you have put in and some sort of compensation would help make you feel better. There should not be anything mentioned in the letter about the courts.

Of course, the most equitable solution would be for the woman, whose plot it really is, to come and give you a bit of a hand with the digging of your plot. This could be suggested to the committee as the best way to solve it. If I was in her shoes I would want to give you a hand. You may then also become good friends. :gnthb:

Pm me with the info if you want to try it that way. :)

7. golfer

golfer Gardener

Ratings:
    +13
    You stated about the fece around the plot and you said it was wrecked you think by children well there could be a potential problem in the future with people or children jumping over the fence beware ???

8. golfer

golfer Gardener

Ratings:
    +13
    You stated about the fece around the plot and you said it was wrecked you think by children well there could be a potential problem in the future with people or children jumping over the fence beware ???

9. golfer

golfer Gardener

Ratings:
    +13
    Sorry about the two identical posts.

10. clueless1

Ratings:
    +19,596
    This may not be an issue. In my experience kids are more likely to vandalise stuff that appears to be neglected anyway. Once it all looks tidy, they may very well move on to another neglected site to wreck. Not always the case, but I reckon more often than not.

11. JWK

JWK Gardener Staff Member

Ratings:
    +48,992
    That's a good idea shiney :thumb:

12. Helofadigger

Helofadigger Gardener

Ratings:
    +1
    Totalbeginner I hope all our comments have empowered you and maybe in a very short time you will not seem such a little lost soul or new kid on the block or should that be plot?:cnfs::D

Once you have settled into your plot you will feel more at ease although I still think it's very sloppy work allotting the plots in fact I think the commitee should make up for this error by clearing your new plot for you.

I really don't think there is any fear of alienating yourself towards the other plots holders, people need to stand up and fight for what's right and by gummy if there's a slip up I make sure that it gets put right after all we really should not be sheep and just except what one person wants us to believe.

If things are wrong then it's wrong full stop.

Anyway enough of the rant enjoy your new plot just make sure it's in writing and that it's yours this time.Hel.xxx.

13. borrowers

borrowers Gardener

Ratings:
    +48
    totalbeginner, I',m sorry you have had problems. Like you have been advised - fight. Who gave you the allotmetnt? Was it your local council or someone else? These people on her are spot on so don't mess with them, they will tell you who to contact.
    I know how it feels to be messed about. You have to consider all points and I'm sure you have had loads from here. I am feeling very fed up with the incompetence of 'people'. So let us know what you do.

cheers

14. vectra

vectra Apprentice Gardener

Ratings:
    +0
    She's signed a contract, in order to do so
    the allotment commitee must of terminated the previous
    contract, i but it down to favourism on the site,
    sorry but i say what i see.

15. Totalbeginner!

Totalbeginner! Apprentice Gardener

Ratings:
    +0
    right, i rang them about the fence and the lady whom i spoke to said it was number 1 on the councils priorities to fix, but she said she cant really give me a time span. fair enough.
    the people who it says on the contract is with is ''john laing integrated services''. but the contract says.....
    '' agreement made this 16th day of march 2009 between jophn laing integrated services ( hereinafter called the corporation) acting by its chirf executive of the one part and ...(me) ''

when i asked about the name of the lady who i spoke to and did the contract with, the woman on the phone caught on to where that was leading (a complaints letter) and told me it didnt gove a name on the system, only the date abnd the plot. how convenient.
    anyway, i will certainly write a letter just out of principle. Its not a monetary issue, i dont want any paying for the work i did on the original plot, i just got so disheartened and dissappointed that i did 3 weeks of pure rubbish clearing and recycling and buying all my bits, for what felt like nothing at the time.
    but i have now made a new plan for my allotment in regards to the companion planting etc, so i feel a bit better and ready to get on with it.
    i asked for someone to meet me to measure and tell me exactley where my plot is, and she said i would get a call sometime next week and he will meet me there at some point. i told her, i apreciate he is busy but , its nearly april, i havent got that long to get things done!!!!
    oh well. so again thank you to everyone on here,. its nice to get this off my chest and for you guys to understand!
    xxxxxxx