funniest moments in the garden

Discussion in 'General Gardening Discussion' started by intermiplants, Sep 14, 2007.

1. Sarraceniac

Sarraceniac Gardener

Ratings:
    +3
    Plough with square wheels? That's only good for going uphill to stop you rolling backwards. But I do a great tracheotomy with my swiss army knife. :rolleyes:

2. Sarraceniac

Sarraceniac Gardener

Ratings:
    +3
    This conversation is now very interesting but also very stupid.

3. intermiplants

intermiplants Gardener

Ratings:
    +3
    A.C. its not all flat cap and slippers up north my plough has round wheels metalic blue paint and a turbo engine why do in a day what the modern man can do in half hour
    :D bet im the only man that has got six points for speeding up north on [​IMG] a plough but at least im home for breakfast

4. Helofadigger

Helofadigger Gardener

Ratings:
    +1
    John I'm offended by this remake to have a great sense of humour doesn't make us a 'redneck' and if you think that way maybe you should stop wearing that cowboy hat!
    You must know these sayings;Takes one to know one and the classic 'those that dealt it smelt it first' :D
    Helen.xxx.

5. Sarraceniac

Sarraceniac Gardener

Ratings:
    +3
  6. Helofadigger

Helofadigger Gardener

Ratings:
    +1
    It's not me that's done that one!
    Helen.xxx.

7. RavenMad

RavenMad Gardener

Ratings:
    +0
    OMFG I'm dying here... BWAHAHAHAHA!

Sprinklers...border collies...thieving moggies and their poo...snail flinging...squirrels...mad neighbours...You're all completely bonkers and have confirmed this is my kind of place. :D

Nothing more to add, other than a mildly amusing tale about our, er, eccentric neighbours from our old house. Mervyn was into am dram and they had a big sign up on the door saying "No callers except by appt." The garden was a jungle - literally. Waist high grass and weeds, they paid someone to come round once a year with a strimmer. Bizarrely the wife used to wade through it to "tend to" her plants, a couple of random daffodils.

We adopted a 7m old border collie who managed to loup the 6ft fence and wheech a circa 1970s bedsheet aff the line before rolling around the garden in it. I arrived home from work to find her curled up on this torn, muddy *thing*. I binned it and it never crossed my mind again until Mervyn set up a neighbourhood watch scheme because he was concerned about perverts nicking stuff aff the washing line.

[​IMG]

8. intermiplants

intermiplants Gardener

Ratings:
    +3
    welcome ravenmad, and remember any funny stories should be shared . your washing line story reminds me of when a big pair of knickers landed in my garden and there was no way i could hand them back. as for tho poo flingin you are invited to yorkshire to take part in the helofadigger cup just waiting for helen to make up the rules but it seems pretty straight foward you just gotta whizz cat poo as far as possible :D :D

9. Helofadigger

Helofadigger Gardener

Ratings:
    +1
    Oh course Ste
    The contest is to take part on the night of my birthday the day BEFORE Halloween....notice I wrote BEFORE Halloween just in case you guys think I'm a witch! [​IMG]

At my house of course and around 8pm below follows the rules;

1)Warm dark clothes or Halloween outfits for the brave ones.... Ste you have yours already with your moleskin pants so no worries there!

2)No torches allowed.

3)No sane people to take part.

4)Bring your own poo...cat preferably but if you can't get hold of any 'make' some of your own.

5)Giggling is optional.

6)Having a good time is strictly compulsory anyone being a bore will be removed from the premises via the 'flinging method' over the hedge with the poo!

7)Prizes are given to those who fling the furthest and of course has the smellest poo.

Prizes are;
    1st place 1 well used collection bucket for cat poo.

2nd a hot water bottle to keep you warm on late night flings.

3rd a lovely pink hand towel for collection purposes.

Sorry only one prize for the smellest poo and that's a gasmask!
    Helen.xxx.

10. intermiplants

intermiplants Gardener

Ratings:
    +3
    [​IMG] [​IMG] :clap:oh no helen my sides are hurting :D :D and i laughed that much a sausage has fell off my mornin butty and the dog thought i had left it for him and the bloody ganet
    has oned it [​IMG]

11. seeker of knowledge

seeker of knowledge Gardener

Ratings:
    +0
  12. seeker of knowledge

Ratings:
    +0
  13. seeker of knowledge

Ratings:
    +0
    I am trying so hard to upload three different photos but the same one is on screen help1111

14. youngdaisydee

youngdaisydee Gardener

Ratings:
    +5
    happened to me sok yesterday on PB..when i copied pics it showed the same one 3 times.. so i had to preview before i sent pics.!!! dont know why but its ok today.. Weird [​IMG] , DEE

15. seeker of knowledge

Ratings:
    +0