funniest moments in the garden

Discussion in 'General Gardening Discussion' started by intermiplants, Sep 14, 2007.

1. seeker of knowledge

seeker of knowledge Gardener

Ratings:
    +0
  2. seeker of knowledge

Ratings:
    +0
    Hi Intermiplants I have managed at last to post pics of the squirrel from my story on page 2 - this was before I had put up the suqirrel safe nut holder . Sorry about the quality.

3. Helofadigger

Helofadigger Gardener

Ratings:
    +1
    Hi Seeker of knowledge pretty good catching your crafty squirrel and then posting them up here.

I was wondering though do you think he/she would be any good at poo flinging? :D
    Helen.xxx.

4. intermiplants

intermiplants Gardener

Ratings:
    +3
    how good is that s.o.k. brilliant pics thought the nose is pretty pointed though since all he ever does is bang it :D keep us posted what he gets up to and if he does anything crazy again ..helen stop it [​IMG] saying that might get sum squirrel poo from local park bet they would be good ammo in my catapult for the snail whizzer..coz when i get him im going to hit him with the works :D :D :D

5. seeker of knowledge

Ratings:
    +0
    Hi youngdaisydee Many thanks for the tip - I used the preview which should cut out any more erros I make.

6. youngdaisydee

youngdaisydee Gardener

Ratings:
    +5
    oo s.o.k. I love the squirrell pics :cool: I would probably sit and watch him all day [​IMG] but i suppose its not much fun when hes eating your bulbs and plants :( DEE

7. intermiplants

intermiplants Gardener

Ratings:
    +3
    wife went shopping just for a change ysterday and she bought me some nice tulip bulbs. so before she got her new coat out of the bag ,new shoes,and jumpers. she gives me these bulbs and says ive bought you summert just to soften me up :D :D it always happens little does she know that when she goes shopping i zip all round the garden cntrs and buy loads.anyway i was in the garden ysterday and the wife said can i plant the bulbs i did try and help but she wanted to do it herself so i left her to it asked her what the catch was as she never touches the garden . so i gave her the gloves and let her do it came back in the house and said that when they come up they are her bulbs and she was really chuffed [​IMG] but when she was cooking tea i had to uncover them to see what she had done oh no she had only planted the lot in front of my rockery upside down :D :D i sorted it out but couldnt stop lafin last night . cant tell her today as we are goin out for dinner so ill tell her tonight :D

8. Helofadigger

Helofadigger Gardener

Ratings:
    +1
    Ste that was very nice of your good lady to buy and plant something in your garden for you...very sweet indeed! ;)

I don't think it is wise telling her that she planted them upside down as it might put her off gardening and you wouldn't want that as you might be able to con her into doing your weeding for you! :D
    Helen.xxx.

9. intermiplants

intermiplants Gardener

Ratings:
    +3
    now its war . next door has told me she bin finding slugs and snails all over the show and a lot of them are dead ones like they had been thrown. so she has kept her eyes peeled and caught the culprit 3 doors down throwing them over fences :mad: so now the catapult is back out and they going back over at speeed. better be careful not to take a window out as these boys fly in a poggy :D :D

10. accidentalgardener

accidentalgardener Gardener

Ratings:
    +1
    :lol: IP i can just imagine it :D

11. Helofadigger

Helofadigger Gardener

Ratings:
    +1
    Copy cat neighbours!
    --------------------

Hi all most of you will know I have a neighbour with four 'lovely' cats that like to do their business in my borders of which I like to fling the poo right back over the hedge late at night. :D

Sorry for the terrible pun with the title of this post but cat lady seems to be having quite a good nosy in my garden as she can see all three sides of it....just yesterday I noticed she has two cordys which she got after mine of course and now she has strung them up just like mine on our back garden.

She's not into gardening but seems to be keeping up with us by trying to copy everything that I do....I wonder if she'll dance naked in the garden next time it's full moon if I do! :D
    Helen.xxx.

12. Kandy

Kandy Will be glad to see the sun again soon.....

Head gardener
    Ratings:
    +6,543
    Helen It is called keeping up with the Jones's [​IMG] :D She obviously thinks that you have such good tastes that she feels the need to have the same plants as you have :D

We planted a tree in our front garden the first Autumn after we had moved in.It was an Alamanchia{Snowey Melphis} and thought that no one else would have thought of planting the same tree.How wrong were we.Our next door neighbour had also bought one unbeknown to us as we didn't know them then and the couple over the road has one as well,so each year all three of us families have 'Snow In Summer' and we have a little light hearted competition to see who's will be in flower first.Talk about great minds thinking alike [​IMG]

13. intermiplants

intermiplants Gardener

Ratings:
    +3
    oh no helen dont go naked, well not till it warms up anyway :D :D got told a little trick that might help with the cats today. a man down the road is havin trouble with cats doing its biz in his borders so he has just put some sticks in his garden( only broken down canes ) said he put about 30 in all about 1.5m apart then gone round and joined them up with fishing line 15cm off the floor and waited .. he got woke up with what he thought :D was cats fighting looked out of the window and it was a cat that was running round the garden .. said it was like a dodgem smashing into everything in sight ..no harm done and the cat not been back since..told lady imp to get some fishing line.. said she going to do it to me when i go to get a can out of the shed at night [​IMG] im very cautious now as i only go to the shed in my mole skin pants [​IMG]

14. Helofadigger

Helofadigger Gardener

Ratings:
    +1
    Dancing naked and mole skin pants..... what would people think reading this thread for the first time?

They might think this forum is full of nutters and they wouldn't be far wrong! [​IMG]

Ste the fishing line and sticks does work I did that to my herb border last winter it's a bit of a pain to work around.....you end up in a knot yourself! [​IMG]
    Helen.xxx.

15. intermiplants

intermiplants Gardener

Ratings:
    +3
    the same problem ive had before now ive never liked ivy and never really liked the bloke at the back of me . only because after the bad weather last year two sides all put too and we forked out for new fencin apart from the bloke at the back .so i killed his ivy with weed killer not right i know but its not right that i have to pay for the fence because he is too tight. so now i have ivy comin through the fence my fence not his fence.so now im loading my water pistol with weed killer again :D it wont be there tmoz either pay up or ****** off with your ivy :mad: