Furious , anybody any advice other than a stiff drink?

Discussion in 'General Gardening Discussion' started by silu, Dec 15, 2012.

1. Kristen

Kristen Under gardener

Ratings:
    +12,668
    Their flower bud will have formed last year, and this year's growth will have formed the "energy-store" and flower bud for next year. So I think there is a risk that they will have been sufficiently weakened that they fail to make an appearance next year or, in terms of compensation, are a "significantly diminished display" next year as a consequence of the length of time they were flooded. But you can cross that bridge if you get to it :)

Glad you have got some recompense for the aggro ... but it would be better if they just strung-up these incompetent people. Maybe everyone's new UKIP councillors will be better?!!

2. goosegog5555

goosegog5555 Gardener

retired
    Ratings:
    +134
    Just thinking that cluless could very well be my new Hero :wub2:

3. Jenny namaste

Jenny namaste Total Gardener

retired- blissfully retired......
    Ratings:
    +31,792
    So glad that it wasn't a distaster for your plants and for you Silu. It has been extremely interesting and valuable to us all to read this thread though the past months and it does go to show the strentgh and durability of our plants and what an amazingly close bunch of people we are here on Gardeners Corner.
    I wish you a bright new season ahead,
    Jenny

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Sheal

Sheal Total Gardener

Ratings:
      +53,823
      At long last after all the battling you finally have and end to it Silu. :dbgrtmb: It's good to hear that a lot of your plants have survived and let's hope Kristen is wrong about next year. I wonder whether it would be worthwhile letting your solicitor know what Kristen has suggested, because if they do fail next year the chances are you won't be able to claim then.

It's been an informative read for us, although you've done the suffering we have all gained from it, thank you. :)

• clueless1

clueless1 member... yep, that's what I am:)

Ratings:
      +19,596
      Excellent news. I'm glad its all sorted. Hopefully the council have learnt from this too, and might try a bit harder to make fewer mistakes now they realise that they can't just do whatever they want without being held to account.

• pamsdish

pamsdish Total Gardener

Retired
      "Black Country Wench" in Margam,Port Talbot,Wales
      Ratings:
      +4,445
      Hi Silu so glad the damage was not as bad as you feared, and hope the drainage has been sorted out properly, so you don`t have to experience such floods again, unfortunately such extremes of weather are seeming to be something we will have to get used to.

• shiney

shiney President, Grumpy Old Men's Club Staff Member

Retired - Last Century!!!
      Ratings:
      +122,174
      Congratulations on a good outcome. :blue thumb:

Your solicitor was right about not pushing it. If it came to court you could be ruled against (if the court thought it was a debateable situation) as you would have turned down a reasonable offer. The courts don't like you being unnecessarily litigious.

• Agree Agree x 2