1. IMPORTANT - NEW & EXISTING MEMBERS

E-MAIL SERVER ISSUES

We are currently experiencing issues with our outgoing email server, therefore EXISTING members will not be getting any alert emails, and NEW/PROSPECTIVE members will not receive the email they need to confirm their account. This matter has been escalated, however the technician responsible is currently on annual leave.For assistance, in the first instance, please PM any/all of the admin team (if you can), alternatively please send an email to:

[email protected]

We will endeavour to help as quickly as we can.
    Dismiss Notice

Garden planting stage 1

Discussion in 'General Gardening Discussion' started by Jack Sparrow, Apr 7, 2018.

1. Mark56

Mark56 Super Gardener

Ratings:
    +957
    Totally Tangerine is later here too in GCs and nurseries, still on the look out for a couple. All the others Lady S, Mrs Bradshaw & Flames of Passion are already stocked

• Like Like x 2
    • luciusmaximus

luciusmaximus Total Gardener

Lost in the Wilderness
      Ratings:
      +6,899
      I've seen Scarlet Tempest and Primrose Cottage in GC here. The latter is very pretty :wub2:.

• Like Like x 1
      • Verdun

Verdun Passionate gardener

Ratings:
        +17,487
        Geum Firestorm is a beauty. Much larger flowers than TT and even more orange. Will have to wait see how long it flowers for

• Like Like x 2
        • Mark56

Mark56 Super Gardener

Ratings:
          +957
          Does anyone have any experience with 'prinses juliana'? Looks very similar to Firestorm

• Jack Sparrow

Jack Sparrow Total Gardener

Ratings:
          +5,414
          20180622_153744.jpg

This is the stage I m at now. From the patio it looks like a proper garden. All the area behind the feature will be planted out in due course.

The addition of the rocks at the front has changed the dynamics some what. I'm now wondering whether to re-position the lithodora . It was central when it was planted it but now there is a large gap in front which might benefit from it's presence. The fact it hasn't grown since I planted it is a slight worry. The write up I read said "slow growing". It still has some nice foliage but the base is looking a bit woody. Hopefully that's all normal and in the next few years it will fill out nicely.

If I were to move I would be concerned about damaging it. When would be the best time to move it? I guess it goes dormant in Autumn/winter. At that time I would be looking to add a variety of spring bulbs to the area.

I was wondering about the use of succulents in amongst my rocks. I have no idea whether they are feasible or not. I will put a post in the succulents section to see if what information I can get. If it won't work then I won't be losing anything.

:snorky:

G.

• Like Like x 1
          • Jack Sparrow

Jack Sparrow Total Gardener

Ratings:
            +5,414
            20181020_124452.jpg

This is about as much as I can to this for now. It actually looks a lot better in life than it does in this photo. There are also a few spring bulbs dotted about in there that should brighten it up a bit.

Next year (hopefully) I shall be in a position to fill in the gap behind the barrel and to add some colour to the foreground and the rockery.

In the meantime, the rest of the garden looks like a tip but that's a different story entirely.

:pathd: :snorky:

G.

• Like Like x 1