Gardeners Corner Snow Photos

Discussion in 'Members Gallery' started by Marley Farley, Feb 5, 2009.

1. Steve R

Steve R Soil Furtler

Carer
    Ratings:
    +3,702
    Looks like you all have your Christmas cards sorted out for next year.:) Some lovely snowy shots here.

Contrary to what you might think of the lake district and its mountains with snow, hardly anything has fallen here in the last five years or so, you would think parts of it would be snowed under, but not so.

If we have a heavy fall its generally melted and gone by lunchtime, save for higher up towards the summits of the fells. We have had very light snowfalls in general whilst the rest of the country has been literally "snowed under" or is that "over".

I'd love to get out on the fells and Photograph some snowy scenes, but when its patchy...it just looks dirty so have not bothered to even go and look (I keep my eye on things via various webcams throughout cumbria).

Steve....snowless in Cumbria...:)

2. Marley Farley

Marley Farley Affable Admin! Staff Member

Grandmother Gardener Councillor Homemaker
    Ratings:
    +14,126
    :gnthb: Beautiful Palustris...:gnthb:

:cry: Ah poor Steve.... I did think you would have had loads..!! This is the most we have had since the 80s I think here... I hate that patchy dirty muddy look... It is slowly shrinking away here so we will be left with all the horrid slippery mud soon I expect... Ah well have some pis to remind me what it is like when it first falls....

from
    Marley.... The Snowy Cotswolds:hehe:

3. Marley Farley

Ratings:
    +14,126
    :hehe: These were the icicles on one the water butts........ :hehe:

[​IMG]

4. takemore02withit

takemore02withit Gardener

Ratings:
    +40
    Just loved all the snowy pics, but Im afraid I have none to show. We only had one day of snow a few weeks ago and the odd sprinkling since, I feel cheated :( on the other hand :ntwrth: :D 02

5. Lizyann

Lizyann Gardener

Ratings:
    +3
    Thank you all for the lovely pictures, but I bet like me you are all wishing it would go now so that we can all get to do things i n the garden.

6. Lizyann

Lizyann Gardener

Ratings:
    +3
    Thank you all for the lovely pictures, but I bet by now you are like me wishing it would all go now so that we can get and do things in the garden.

7. Marley Farley

Ratings:
    +14,126
  8. Gogs

Gogs Gardener

Ratings:
    +342
    Got this old pic. from my Mother , it was taken in 1968 she thinks. The lane to the farm got blocked in everytime there was lots of snow & was to dig out.Dad left his mini bus at the other end for access to the main road after the 'plough came through. :)

[​IMG]

9. Marley Farley

Ratings:
    +14,126
    :gnthb: Brilliant photo Gogs..!! I rember 62 or was it 63 when we had deep snow & were cut off..!!! Ooh loved every minute of it myself.. No power so oil lamps & candles cooked on the range...!!:D

10. Kandy

Kandy Will be glad to see the sun again soon.....

Head gardener
    Ratings:
    +6,543
    Fantastic photo Gogs:gnthb:.Mr Kandy was given some photo's the other week when he went to see his dad and they show him and his family standing on top of what was supposed to be the top of the hedge:D.I can remember those deep winters but was too young to handle a camera and I don't think my parents had one so have no deep snow photo's:(

If I remember I will ask Mr K to see about putting the photo's on here to shwo you how deep it was.Your photo is one of the best though for depth:thumb:

Marley,love your Icicle on the dustbin one and some of the other snow photo's.I just don't know how I missed these later ones:p:oops::o

11. rosa

rosa Gardener

Ratings:
    +14
    just noticed this section fantastic pics everyone, i know its a little late but thought i would put mine in when we had all that snow a few weeks ago hehe
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

12. rosa

rosa Gardener

Ratings:
    +14
    see the bmw at the roundabout this guy was fooling around skidding all over its a wonder he didnt smash his car up
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]